Looking for beginner trails to run near Johnson Valley on 2/16

silverbackjk

Hey guys I will be coming to so cal on friday 2/15 to have some work done on the jeep. I am from nor cal so i do not know any trails down south. I was wondering what trails to run. Also if anyone will be doing any runs that are not to crazy hard and i could tag along that would be great. I will be staying in Palm Springs so with in a hour or two drive of that area would be great. Would love to check out Johnson valley. or Mojave rd. I have a 2011 jkus on 35's so trails that will no be to extreme.:rock::rock::rock::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can explore out in the desert where KOH was. It's off of Boone road. Or you could head down to Salton Sea and check that out. Ocotillo Wells and Anza Borrego are also out there but a little bit further away.

silverbackjk

You can explore out in the desert where KOH was. It's off of Boone road. Or you could head down to Salton Sea and check that out. Ocotillo Wells and Anza Borrego are also out there but a little bit further away.

Overlander,

Thanks for the info. Have been so excited to get out on some of the trails down there after seeing all the post from wayalife.

MRDON

Truckhaven(Salton City) has the Training Center, canyons, hills, washes, sand, rocks, truckhaven trail, the Calomite mine, phone booth, fire hydrant, trailer park, fishing pole, parking meter, tether ball hill, arches, came across Tow Strap McHattie's grave-site last week. Borrego Springs has South Coyote Canyon, Rockhouse Trail, Fonte's Point & other easy trails. Occotillo Wells is mostly dirt bikes, quads & buggys, their are a few good trails,The Pumpkin Patch, Shell Reef, Quartz Mine, Wind Caves, One Way Trail & Cross Over Trail that will take you to the north side of OHV Park (training area) & into Truckhaven. I have a small group ( family & close friends)(2-3 TJ's, 1 Samurai & 1 Amigo, spending the week end here in Salton City at my place, you are welcome to hook up with us if you get down this way.

silverbackjk

Truckhaven(Salton City) has the Training Center, canyons, hills, washes, sand, rocks, truckhaven trail, the Calomite mine, phone booth, fire hydrant, trailer park, fishing pole, parking meter, tether ball hill, arches, came across Tow Strap McHattie's grave-site last week. Borrego Springs has South Coyote Canyon, Rockhouse Trail, Fonte's Point & other easy trails. Occotillo Wells is mostly dirt bikes, quads & buggys, their are a few good trails,The Pumpkin Patch, Shell Reef, Quartz Mine, Wind Caves, One Way Trail & Cross Over Trail that will take you to the north side of OHV Park (training area) & into Truckhaven. I have a small group ( family & close friends)(2-3 TJ's, 1 Samurai & 1 Amigo, spending the week end here in Salton City at my place, you are welcome to hook up with us if you get down this way.
I'll check out a map for some of these trails. If i get down by you ill shoot you a pm.

Thanks,

silverbackjk

So what are you getting done?

Haha any time i put i'm headed to Fullerton everyone knows there is only one place you could be going EVO:clap2:.I will be having my new Evo slider installed nothing major but i am still counting the wake ups like a kid.Can't wait to check out EVO 1 and TJ. Next year bolt on coilovers if the wife lets me:doh: Any snow in the Reno
area would like to do a run through Moon Rocks BLM.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Haha any time i put i'm headed to Fullerton everyone knows there is only one place you could be going EVO:clap2:.I will be having my new Evo slider installed nothing major but i am still counting the wake ups like a kid.Can't wait to check out EVO 1 and TJ. Next year bolt on coilovers if the wife lets me:doh: Any snow in the Reno
area would like to do a run through Moon Rocks BLM.

Excellent! They really are the best sliders, I've beat the crap out of mine and they hold up great. Pretty sure the other ones I had would have been destroyed by now (that or my jeep). ;)

We haven't had snow in a while. LoPo and I went out that way (not to moon rocks) a few weeks ago and it was covered...the runs we tried were not even passable. But I saw a group from the local club went out...looked fairly clear. Let me know when you make it up and we'll try to get something together.

silverbackjk

Excellent! They really are the best sliders, I've beat the crap out of mine and they hold up great. Pretty sure the other ones I had would have been destroyed by now (that or my jeep). ;)

We haven't had snow in a while. LoPo and I went out that way (not to moon rocks) a few weeks ago and it was covered...the runs we tried were not even passable. But I saw a group from the local club went out...looked fairly clear. Let me know when you make it up and we'll try to get something together.

Yea my jeep came with the mopar enhanced sliders (rubi slider with a extra tube welded on). It would bend and hit my rock skins. :mad: Every thing i have got from EVO has been solid and looks great.

I will let you know when i'm in that area. I think i told you awhile back my parents live in Red Rock NV, So i am in the area every couple months.

When are you planning the Evo tire carrier install? Can't wait to see it done. I am kicking my self that i did not get that one and went with the Genright one. Don't get me wrong the Genright carrier is very nice. But i plan on getting the Evo corners so i just should of went with there carrier to.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yea my jeep came with the mopar enhanced sliders (rubi slider with a extra tube welded on). It would bend and hit my rock skins. :mad: Every thing i have got from EVO has been solid and looks great.

I will let you know when i'm in that area. I think i told you awhile back my parents live in Red Rock NV, So i am in the area every couple months.

When are you planning the Evo tire carrier install? Can't wait to see it done. I am kicking my self that i did not get that one and went with the Genright one. Don't get me wrong the Genright carrier is very nice. But i plan on getting the Evo corners so i just should of went with there carrier to.

I remembered that your family was up here. We missed getting together last year. BTW--might have to have you bring me some garlic when you come. ;)

Not sure on the carrier. A lot of moving pieces in my life right now. Sharkey wants to do it now, but I have to figure out paint/powdercoat, reverse lights, skin sliders, etc. and it would be nice if the temps were above 30 in my garage. LOL!

Last edited:

silverbackjk

I remember your family was up here. We missed getting together last year. BTW--might have to have you bring me some garlic when you come. ;)

Not sure on the carrier. A lot of moving pieces in my life right now. Sharkey wants to do it now, but I have to figure out paint/powdercoat, reverse lights, skin sliders, etc. and it would be nice if the temps were above 30 in my garage. LOL!

Oh yea that's all i smell all spring when my windows are open. I'll grab you a garlic rope. We had the exact opposite when we installed my lift It was 95 out.:icon_crazy:

jelliott076

Oh yea that's all i smell all spring when my windows are open. I'll grab you a garlic rope. We had the exact opposite when we installed my lift It was 95 out.:icon_crazy:

Love that smell when driving through Gilroy!! I'd imagine it's much worse living there. My entire (Italian) family lives in SJ and I'm up there a couple times a year.

silverbackjk

Love that smell when driving through Gilroy!! I'd imagine it's much worse living there. My entire (Italian) family lives in SJ and I'm up there a couple times a year.

Yea it's not to bad just a little strong in the early am. Any time your in San Jose and want to hit a trail just shoot me a pm.

silverbackjk

Hey guys i was going to do this run on sunday with some JkF members. Second Annual Rowher Trail Run & BBQ - Sunday, 02.17.13. How are the trails out there? Is anyone from here going? Was looking forward to meeting some new jeepers down south.:thumb:

RockyJk

Hey guys i was going to do this run on sunday with some JkF members. Second Annual Rowher Trail Run & BBQ - Sunday, 02.17.13. How are the trails out there? Is anyone from here going? Was looking forward to meeting some new jeepers down south.:thumb:

Im going to that one :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

taher2.1

If you are on 78 near Salton Sea, you can use the below GPS file or link for round trip or get back on the freeway from 86. This will take you to dunes and practice area as well and nothing hardcore.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1378436

Top Bottom