Coil spacer question

nbunga

Caught the Bug
When I bought my Jeep it had what I believe to be a Teraflex 2.5 inch budget boost on it. The front end is still a little lower than than I would like so I got some 1" pucks I was going to fit in to try and level it out until I get a real spring lift for it. My question is what problems if any may arise from adding another inch in front. I don't want to do it only to have things not lining up correctly.

Or should I just remove my rear sway bar and call it good[emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
When I bought my Jeep it had what I believe to be a Teraflex 2.5 inch budget boost on it. The front end is still a little lower than than I would like so I got some 1" pucks I was going to fit in to try and level it out until I get a real spring lift for it. My question is what problems if any may arise from adding another inch in front. I don't want to do it only to have things not lining up correctly.

Me...I would not add front spacer and not remove the rear SB. Why not just look for a small rear coil then? It came with a 2" there are smaller ones out there. Post a pic.

TRLJNKY

Me...I would not add front spacer and not remove the rear SB. Why not just look for a small rear coil then? It came with a 2" there are smaller ones out there. Post a pic.
This. I def wouldnt double stack spacers or pull the rear SB. Im running the same budget boost until I can by a decent kit

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

BobNH

Instead of putting 1" pucks on top of the 2.5" ones, which general consensus says is bad juju, why not replace the rear 2.5" pucks with the 1" ones? I assume that a jk budget boost is pucks front and rear at least.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Instead of putting 1" pucks on top of the 2.5" ones, which general consensus says is bad juju, why not replace the rear 2.5" pucks with the 1" ones? I assume that a jk budget boost is pucks front and rear at least.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Front pucks won't fit the back but I agree with your idea of smaller rear pucks until you get a spring lift. To the op: If you want to see mine I have 2" EVO springs on the front that gave me 3" and #59 coils with a 1" spacer on the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Lol. I see what you did there with the sway bar. 👍

First, welcome to WAL from SoCal... Good to see another 2-door! 🍻

My Jeep came with the same setup when I bought it. I'd recommend pulling the front spacers and swap in some 2" EVO Plush Ride springs. If you have stock bumper and no winch, you'll actually net 3-3.5" and they're under $200.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
The 2" plush rides seem to be a good idea. I have an aftermarket bumper and plan on a winch soon. Would I maybe want to go with 3"? For what it's worth I emailed Teraflex and they said it is ok to stack their spacers. Or maybe I'll just live with it until I get the lift kit I want.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
The 2" plush rides seem to be a good idea. I have an aftermarket bumper and plan on a winch soon. Would I maybe want to go with 3"? For what it's worth I emailed Teraflex and they said it is ok to stack their spacers. Or maybe I'll just live with it until I get the lift kit I want.

3" is pretty high, you'll probably get more than advertised anyway. Then you have to raise the track bar, flip your drag link and adjust caster. That's a lift kit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Double stacking coil spacers isn't the best move. 2" plush rides are great for getting around 3" in a 2 door. I paired mine with OME 2.25" rear coils. Works great.

BaddestCross

3" will get you 4-5" on a 2-door. I'd use the 2" and add a small spacer to level it if for some strange reason your rear its still too high.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom