Opinions wanted.

Otter421

So after adding another JKU to the household on Monday. This means I have another hardtop to store for the summer. My question: do you think it would be ok to stack a hardtop on top of another with out damaging the bottom top?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
So after adding another JKU to the household on Monday. This means I have another hardtop to store for the summer. My question: do you think it would be ok to stack a hardtop on top of another with out damaging the bottom top?

I would think that would bow out the side windows... Just sell one :)

zimm

Caught the Bug
Just a thought here, but maybe if you make some boards with pins that span the same distance as the jeep- then the sides would not bow out. Then you could stack the second top on a series of boards to spread the load?

The best solution would be to hang one from the ceiling, or make a pair of cradles and store them upright. Here's my homemade cradle, costs $40 for materials.

33360518992_f4da4fe11b_b.jpg

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just a thought here, but maybe if you make some boards with pins that span the same distance as the jeep- then the sides would not bow out. Then you could stack the second top on a series of boards to spread the load?

The best solution would be to hang one from the ceiling, or make a pair of cradles and store them upright. Here's my homemade cradle, costs $40 for materials.

33360518992_f4da4fe11b_b.jpg

^^^^ This, the hardtops are notorious for scratching easily and heavy as fuck, I even have a permanent marker for trail scratches. Putting one on top of the other is a sure way to scratch and damage the one on the bottom.

I wouldn't stack them either. Before I sold mine, I had it hoisted to the ceiling of my garage. Perhaps you could hoist one, and keep one on a roller like posted above. OR, hoist one and sell the other...then buy a soft top, and interchange the two when needed :yup:

Top Bottom