Setting Unlimited Pro Rock Caster

HazMatJK

I need to check and set the caster on my unlimited pro rock as I have installed new Currie upper and lower arms. 20170625_093355.jpg

Do I have to measure off the pinion flange or can I go off the flat part on the top of the PR housing per the attached picture?

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I need to check and set the caster on my unlimited pro rock as I have installed new Currie upper and lower arms. View attachment 265195

Do I have to measure off the pinion flange or can I go off the flat part on the top of the PR housing per the attached picture?

Thanks!!

Don't know about the top of the housing as shown but the pinion yoke will be accurate for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
with the PR44 Unlimited having built in Caster what degree of caster should you be looking at achieving?

WJCO

Meme King
with the PR44 Unlimited having built in Caster what degree of caster should you be looking at achieving?

6 to 6.5 is pretty typical. It's more about have an optimum pinion angle with the aftermarket axle. What are you getting a reading of now?

adsf.jpg

Last edited:

HazMatJK

Drive shaft lines up much better with the transfer case now, and the bump stop pads on the axle line up and touch the bump stops evenly when stuffed.

fiend

Caught the Bug

I think I ended up with about 5 and 5. As stated, main consideration is eliminating the angle in your driveshaft. Caster will follow from that. Stock caster is 4.2 degrees. Unless you have some crazy high lift, you should easily be able to get your DS straight and still have 4.2 degrees or more for caster with the PR44 Unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom