Aftermarket LED Tailight install

deezus

This weekend a young pine stopped me from going down a hill but took out my passenger side tailight. 20170625_142935.jpg

So I ordered a new set off Amazon. These lights come with resistors to stop hyperflash, and clips to mount to the inside sheet metal as you can see in the picture below.
20170625_142658.jpg

I put the resistors on the L shaped metal mounts first, then clip them to the sheet metal.
20170625_143419.jpg
20170625_144830.jpg

After that line up mounting screws and your done. I love this "Style" tailight. Let me know if this was helpful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Mike-Mike

those look pretty cool. I was looking at the JW, which obviously they look like, but the JW got some bad reviews on other forums. Maybe I'll check these out

BobNH

Holy crap, how much heat does that resistor generate? Just make sure no wires or harness gets near it. That's a whole lotta heatsink if I am seeing it correctly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JeepJeep75

My JW's were nice.... until they got stolen. LED tail lights are all the rage right now, so keep that in mind when installing these. Only two little Philips head screws are keeping shit-bag thieves from walking off with your lights. And they know to grab the resistors too as they are thieving your stuff. Ask me how I know......[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I just don't see the value in installing a more expensive light, especially in a crush location when the stock light works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glad that someone says that. Totally agree!

Sent from my LG-D855 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed as well. Also, I've seen two members post that theirs were stolen. Easy item for scumbags to grab.

EDIT: I missed JeepJeep75's post #10. Sorry that happened to you. People are shitty.

Top Bottom