Question on toyo tires

phenyx

I m looking to buy toyo open country mt i notice the project-jk crew was running them , i run 85 % on road is the treadwear is à long life tread or burn down like crasy ? :confused: thx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They're a great tire and one that will yield about 40,000+ miles of good useable tread. I would highly recommend them or Nitto Trail Grapplers.

phenyx

Arr they as Good as far as the tread just want to have the best for the buck !

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Arr they as Good as far as the tread just want to have the best for the buck !

You mean in terms of performance? Oh yeah, really great tire and one we've run for a long time with outstanding results.

ssh6314

Haven't ever run anything but toyo's on my jeeps, and probably never will.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
When I took off my 37's they had 65,000m on them. Not completely bald but worn down to just past the siping so they were done. Never had a balance issue other than the first time when the shop that mounted them used the old bubble balance method. Took them to another shop , all was well afterwards. Awesome tire.

jkrossi

What kind of mileage has anyone been getting with Nitto trail grappler?

Sent from my DROID X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cuongdyna

Here is my Toyo's next to my friend Nitto's.

image-2105930609.jpg

image-2271632259.jpg

I just took a trip to SF from LA. I got 17 on the HWY at 65-68 mph. Started to get 15-16 mpg due to the incline 125 miles from SF.

Last edited:

txjeeplover

As of today, I clocked just over 56k miles on my 35" Toyos and I am highly impressed with this set of tires! I've run just about every manufacturers' tires on my past Jeeps, and not a single one impressed me as much as my Toyos. Long life, amazing on the rocks, and they're road-friendly. They have been surprisingly less effective in mud than I would have thought, but still leaps and bounds ahead of most off-road tires.

Hellfire

As of today, I clocked just over 56k miles on my 35" Toyos and I am highly impressed with this set of tires! I've run just about every manufacturers' tires on my past Jeeps, and not a single one impressed me as much as my Toyos. Long life, amazing on the rocks, and they're road-friendly. They have been surprisingly less effective in mud than I would have thought, but still leaps and bounds ahead of most off-road tires.

What width are you running? 12.5", 13.5"?

Last edited:
Top Bottom