Steering box recommendations needed

cczee

I have been looking at upgrading to a better box and was considering the PSC XD box. I am running STT Pro 37" tires on a Dana 44. A friend of mine just tried to upgrade to this after his stock one crapped out. The shop has now installed the second one after the first was bad and PSC sent the replacement standard ground and the second is also defective.

Looking for suggestions of another company to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I have been looking at upgrading to a better box and was considering the PSC XD box. I am running STT Pro 37" tires on a Dana 44. A friend of mine just tried to upgrade to this after his stock one crapped out. The shop has now installed the second one after the first was bad and PSC sent the replacement standard ground and the second is also defective.

wow..that's doesn't sound like PSC quality.

I would think the XD install wouldn't be any more complicated than their hydro assist.

What was wrong with them?

I've been running their hydro assist for the last 3 years no real issues.

Exodus 4x4

Well, no other company makes a XD box so your only option is to go with hydro assist. Redneck Ram from West Texas Off Road works just as well as PSC.

WJCO

Meme King

What symptom is he having? Is it possible there has been a misdiagnosis and it's not the box?

J

JKDream

Ironically I just spoke to a vendor today regarding this.
Apparently PSC had a bad run with the machining on the initial boxes that were shipped out.
All of them needed to be replaced, and now it is causing some confusion and chaos - and time delays on the new boxes.

jeeeep

Hooked
Apparently PSC had a bad run with the machining on the initial boxes that were shipped out.
All of them needed to be replaced, and now it is causing some confusion and chaos - and time delays on the new boxes.

damn! that sucks

cczee

Did you get any hints as to when to new stock would be available. His jeep has been in the shop 4 weeks now. 3 waiting on the original part and then almost another waiting on the replacement which was sent standard ground instead of overnight . I know their hydro assist is one of the better qualities but this has left a few people wondering. I know the shop he uses has multiple locations and is considering not using PSC at all after this. They need todo some damage control

J

JKDream

Did you get any hints as to when to new stock would be available. His jeep has been in the shop 4 weeks now. 3 waiting on the original part and then almost another waiting on the replacement which was sent standard ground instead of overnight . I know their hydro assist is one of the better qualities but this has left a few people wondering. I know the shop he uses has multiple locations and is considering not using PSC at all after this. They need todo some damage control

From what I understood, it was about a 5-6 week leadtime on NEW orders.
This was because of the backlog replacing the old boxes. I'm not sure where the stand with the replacements.
I wouldn't bash them too hard over it, I know it sucks but it's a brand new product.
Sometimes shit happens. Have you called and spoken directly to PSC opposed to going through the shop?

cczee

From what I understood, it was about a 5-6 week leadtime on NEW orders.
This was because of the backlog replacing the old boxes. I'm not sure where the stand with the replacements.
I wouldn't bash them too hard over it, I know it sucks but it's a brand new product.
Sometimes shit happens. Have you called and spoken directly to PSC opposed to going through the shop?

I wasn't trying to bash. They have always had good quality which is why this was so surprising. I will just have to wait until the kinks are worked out to get mine

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling

Ha....I got 2 bad boxes. One after another the second one was supposed to have fixed the problem. Had to put my stock box back in. Have a third waiting. "A bad run"!!!!!

Casey_250

I am running a Redneck Ram too. I am only on 37's. Offroad it performs great. I do notice just a tiny bit of lag if I flick the steering wheel to quickly but I haven't modded my steering pump either.

On highway it is super smooth. The resistance is nice, and holds its smooth at highway speeds, and as long as the high way is flat I can let go of the wheel and it will cruise along perfectly.

Top Bottom