Yukon Ring and Pinion

fiend

Caught the Bug
So I helped a buddy swap his ring and pinion gears this past weekend. He went with Yukon gears. The boxes said "made in China." Quality seemed good and the install went fine. Just thought I'd post it up because I recall some recent posts saying they're made in Korea or India.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

So I helped a buddy swap his ring and pinion gears this past weekend. He went with Yukon gears. The boxes said "made in China." Quality seemed good and the install went fine. Just thought I'd post it up because I recall some recent posts saying they're made in Korea or India.

Korea or China is the main two.
From what I gathered from our local gear expert, the Korean made gears are typically much higher quality and set up better.
Yukon is a pretty good brand though so I wouldn't worry about it.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Either they are using both foundries or in the process of switching, the ones on my PR44 had the K on them and they can't be that old, they were ordered in Feb.

fiend

Caught the Bug
My friend also got them from Northridge but in May 2017 or thereabouts. I didn't look to see if there's a "K" or "C" or other indicator on the gears themselves. Just noticed the label on the boxes.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have my Yukon boxes still form when I re geared like 2 yeas ago. I'll check what mine says. I was thinking they are made in India at the time of purchase

ThatChemicalGuy

I've ran nothing but Yukon gears and never had a problem with them. Plus I also bought there warranty that replaces them for free. Only had to use it once when I chewed up a Dana 60 gear set, don't think it could handle 500 hp and 43 SX stickies very good lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom