LS swap question

mo0s3

Looking at doing a LS swap and I have a question about the rock hard skids I have on my current set up. Will the skids still be able to be used or you have to fab another set up ?
Thanks for the help :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you go with a Motech kit, their newest version allows you to retain the factory motor mounts. If I recall, Rock Hard uses these mounts to secure the engine skid in place so you should be able to retain what you have. That being said, I don't run an engine skid but of course, I'm just a mall crawler.

mo0s3

Awesome

If you go with a Motech kit, their newest version allows you to retain the factory motor mounts. If I recall, Rock Hard uses these mounts to secure the engine skid in place so you should be able to retain what you have. That being said, I don't run an engine skid but of course, I'm just a mall crawler.

Thanks for the Help Eddie very much appreciated

mo0s3

One more question lol
Is the tranny mount the same with a 4L 60 tranny ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I would contact Rock Hard 4x4. In this video, they do say they have a different bracket kit to mount the skids if you've done a HEMI. I would imagine that they would know if the skids would also work or not work with an LS.

Start at 12:53

EDIT: I didn't see the other posts. If Motech retains factory mounts, yes, the RockHard skids secure to the factory mounting brackets at that location.

Last edited:

mo0s3

I would contact Rock Hard 4x4. In this video, they do say they have a different bracket kit to mount the skids if you've done a HEMI. I would imagine that they would know if the skids would also work or not work with an LS.

Start at 12:53

EDIT: I didn't see the other posts. If Motech retains factory mounts, yes, the RockHard skids secure to the factory mounting brackets at that location.

Oh cool thank man [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Eddie, i can't believe you've never hit it the way you use yours. My buddy dented in his 6l80 pan first time out and the dang thing wouldn't shift right. We had to take off the pan and bang it back. He has never hit his oil pan though, at least not enough to hurt anything. I know he has some custom crossmember/front lowet long arm bracket so maybe it opens up hitting the trans pan easier. I've never looked under multiple. Im just waiting for the gen v ez mounts then ill know :) almost ready.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom