JK phase 3 - EVO DTD with the Lever system, question is long arm or short arm?

matthewd5

Hello

quick description of myJK...

2012 - 37's, pro rock D44 and D60, 4" BDS lift etc.

i live in the northeast so it's mostly rocks and and lots of trees with off camber transitions.

so next year I'm going to coilovers via the EVO DTD and Lever system, my question is do I go long arm or short arm?

im looking for a low cog for the off camber stuff and rock crawling ability

I'd still like to be able to have it drivable on the road...

suggestions?

matthew

aermotor

I don't really know, but I could imagine with that much lift on a 2 door you might want long arms. But that's 2500 more. (~5000 installed) If you want LCG you could probably get away with short arms and adjusting the ride height correspondingly.

Others with 2 doors will chime in with more experience.

matthewd5

Sorry about the dumb post, two days ago I looked everywhere for this answer but right after posting this I scrolled down and someone posted pretty much the same question yesterday morning, although I have a 4" lift and I believe he wanted to stay at 3"

I definitely am willing to spend the $$ to improve the on road handling!

Matthew

tgoss

For the evo lever it's more than just on road handling. The arc the rear axle will swing in with that much travel is going to require the correct geometry so it doesn't bind. The front you can get away with it possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think you would be fine with the bolt on coilovers, to save you a lot of $$$$ unless you plan on driving hard and fast then go with the DTD setup.

Top Bottom