Radio Upgrade

alf1096

I just got a stripped down 2017 JKU Rubicon with pretty much the only option was navigation but it does not have bluetooth. My sound guy said it would be better to just replace the head unit as its not that great anyway. He wants to install either a pac or maestro unit and said that I can monitor parameters through the new head unit. Since I only have the basic information center does anyone know what parameters I will be able to monitor. I would really be interested in trans temp the most. Thanks

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
First you need maestro module to retain you steering wheel controls, it also allows you to set the buttons to what ever you want them to do.
There's quite a few parameters you can monitor. You get trans temp along with much more. If I remember right it's around 15 different parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I am not sure if they are listed in the manual. I believe every car/truck allows the module to read different parameters, I think it varies from car to car. As far as instructions If I remember right there isn't much of a manual other then a wiring diagram. You have to hook up maestro module to the internet via computer and that's how you program it to s specific vehicle and set up you steering wheel buttons.

alf1096

I am not sure if they are listed in the manual. I believe every car/truck allows the module to read different parameters, I think it varies from car to car. As far as instructions If I remember right there isn't much of a manual other then a wiring diagram. You have to hook up maestro module to the internet via computer and that's how you program it to s specific vehicle and set up you steering wheel buttons.

You are correct I have not been able to find anything on manufactures websites and very little in the forums. The forums everyone says something different.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
You are correct I have not been able to find anything on manufactures websites and very little in the forums. The forums everyone says something different.

Well the bottom line is if you want to upgrade your head unit and want to keep you steering wheel controls and be able to use your stock amplifier ( if you do have one), you have to get maestro module.
I upgraded my entire sound system, including new head unit, amplifier, component speakers all new speaker wires (12 GA) and new 10" sub. I also have an 8" sub in the factory location with dynomatted enclosure. I remove my 10" when I need extra room in the back and use the 8" sub. My system sounds great even with doors and top off going down the street at 60mph.

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

I just got a stripped down 2017 JKU Rubicon with pretty much the only option was navigation but it does not have bluetooth. My sound guy said it would be better to just replace the head unit as its not that great anyway. He wants to install either a pac or maestro unit and said that I can monitor parameters through the new head unit. Since I only have the basic information center does anyone know what parameters I will be able to monitor. I would really be interested in trans temp the most. Thanks

I read somewhere that this unit can monitor your sensors, but I don't see it listed on Alpine's website. Since I have a 2010 I couldn't run it, but it's pretty sweet.

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/...content=alpineusa&utm_campaign=RestyleMyTruck

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I read somewhere that this unit can monitor your sensors, but I don't see it listed on Alpine's website. Since I have a 2010 I couldn't run it, but it's pretty sweet.

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/...content=alpineusa&utm_campaign=RestyleMyTruck

lol I almost bought this unit last year. It's nice but the best version with switches and gps was like 3 or 4K. ( yes dollars [emoji385]). What held me back form getting this head unit was looking at pictures of how much it stick out of the dash, way too much in my opinion.

quertyman

lol I almost bought this unit last year. It's nice but the best version with switches and gps was like 3 or 4K. ( yes dollars [emoji385]). What held me back form getting this head unit was looking at pictures of how much it stick out of the dash, way too much in my opinion.

Yea those things are crazy expensive for what you really are getting out of it. I would much rather buy a cheaper radio and put the money into other parts of the system. My biggest issue with the thing is that it doesn't have a volume knob. I like a real volume knob that I can actually turn. Also if you need to turn it down quick it is much faster.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Yea those things are crazy expensive for what you really are getting out of it. I would much rather buy a cheaper radio and put the money into other parts of the system. My biggest issue with the thing is that it doesn't have a volume knob. I like a real volume knob that I can actually turn. Also if you need to turn it down quick it is much faster.

Lol my man. I love volume knobs as well. I did sacrifice the knob for a bigger screen with a Pioneer avic 8200nex that I got. I already got used to it, no big deal anymore.
But I still miss my knob [emoji20]

Top Bottom