Best regear

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Just found out that I have 3.73 gearing when I thought I had 4.56. I pulled off the differential cover originally and tried to count the teeth but I guess I didn't do it correctly. I found my original spec sheet(why didn't I do this first) and counted tire rotations to DS turns and come out to 3.73 also. I'm currently running a 2.5 lift with 35s and probably won't go any higher. I know this has probably been talked about a lot but who has a similar setup and which gearing did you go with and why? I will be modding for trails in the future that is around AR and GA.

Just found out that I have 3.73 gearing when I thought I had 4.56. I pulled off the differential cover originally and tried to count the teeth but I guess I didn't do it correctly. I found my original spec sheet(why didn't I do this first) and counted tire rotations to DS turns and come out to 3.73 also. I'm currently running a 2.5 lift with 35s and probably won't go any higher. I know this has probably been talked about a lot but who has a similar setup and which gearing did you go with and why? I will be modding for trails in the future that is around AR and GA.

I re-geared my rig to 4:88 and have a 4.5" lift and 35's

FFIrish

I just recently re geared to 5:13 with 2.5" lift and 35's. I just wanted that extra rpm on the highway. Mines a 2008 jku automatic. I haven't had a chance to get a true RPM going 75 but can get it for you if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Just so you know. Lift height has zero effect on gearing. Only tire size does.

Since you have a 2011 I would suggest either 4:88 if you plan to stay on 35's. if 37's are in your future then do 5:13's.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the info. I was debating on 4.88 or 5.13. Everyone that has either with 35s loves what they chose! I'll probably just go with 4.88

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I just went from 456-488 and what a difference. The 488 pickup off from a stop is way better than the 456 and at highway rpm is slightly higher but just fine.

kawimoto

really depends on how much highway driving you do and intent of future tire size. I had a buddy that did 4.88s on 35 inch pro comps and said it was honestly a bit too low, off road was great, but on his daily commute he hated having the higher rpm. personally I'd go with the 4.88s and stay as low as possible for the additional off road capability. If you don't wheel all that often though and never plan to run a tire larger than a 35, then it may be wise to just go 4.56 and stay on the modest side of the spectrum

kawimoto

Just so you know. Lift height has zero effect on gearing. Only tire size does.

Since you have a 2011 I would suggest either 4:88 if you plan to stay on 35's. if 37's are in your future then do 5:13's.

missed that you were an 11' as stated I'd definitely go low. With the 3.6 I'd say 5.13 is too low for 35" tires but the 3.8 needs all the gearing you can throw at it.

Top Bottom