Soft Top Options?

Jacalore

Really tired of the zippered back window. Unzip, zip, unzip, zip just to access cargo area. Looking to upgrade. Are the models with glass back windows functional? Which mfg models work best? Trektop Pro worth the money?

TIA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It costs a lot but the Trektop Pro does have a rear glass and it does work. If you can hold out for a bit, I know that Bestop should have their new zipperless tops coming out soon but then, a lifting rear glass is still easier to use.

Wethy

I believe eddie is talking about the trektop glide for the zipperless windows. Im considering upgrading my factory too to that just to get rid of the zippers! As my rear window is a Pain the back sode to try and get the tabs lined up!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jacalore

I believe eddie is talking about the trektop glide for the zipperless windows. Im considering upgrading my factory too to that just to get rid of the zippers! As my rear window is a Pain the back sode to try and get the tabs lined up!

Trektop Glide, I'll have to check that out. I'm done with zippered windows.
Wait, Wayalife has an app?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Even with the glide, however, it still takes a minute to get that back window out of the way. Probably the same amount of time it would take to just unzip. Honestly though, just having a newer soft top makes it a lot easier. On my old (stock) soft top, I would never unzip the back window to access cargo. Too hard. With my new soft top, it's just a matter of about 2 seconds lifting the zippers up. Super easy.

Jacalore

The Trektop Glide is priced only $200 less than the Trektop Pro. And you're giving up easy access to rear cargo area. Pro gives you assisted glass rear window, sliding glass side windows with screens plus all the other features of the Glide. What am I missing?

Wethy

The Trektop Glide is priced only $200 less than the Trektop Pro. And you're giving up easy access to rear cargo area. Pro gives you assisted glass rear window, sliding glass side windows with screens plus all the other features of the Glide. What am I missing?
I would think it just comes down to personal preference. Whether you would like a glass back window or a plastic one. Me personally i would have a tough time choosing either. But id just be happy to be rid of the zippers.

Jacalore

I would think it just comes down to personal preference. Whether you would like a glass back window or a plastic one. Me personally i would have a tough time choosing either. But id just be happy to be rid of the zippers.

Really, it's not a matter of plastic or glass, it's ease of access. I go to the beach couple times a week. It's unzip, load up, zip. Get ice for cooler, unzip, zip. Pick up my buddy with 11' rod, unzip, zip. Get to beach, unzip. Then return ... in reverse. Fook zippers!!! PIA!

RCVRY

Really tired of the zippered back window. Unzip, zip, unzip, zip just to access cargo area. Looking to upgrade. Are the models with glass back windows functional? Which mfg models work best? Trektop Pro worth the money?

TIA
Ive got the tek pro and like it. Rear defrost is good to have and I plan to get the rear wiper assy soon. Ease of access is a given for the rear, but the side window sliders are a nice addition.
Only complaint is converting to a bikini top isn't hard, but getting the retainer clips back on the hyd assist cylinders is a pita. 20170628_081052.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clark Griswold

I tried out the new NX without zippers at the Bantam Jeepfest a few weeks ago and it is definitely alot easier and very quick, I will be replacing my NX with that when its time.

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jacalore

Ive got the tek pro and like it. Rear defrost is good to have and I plan to get the rear wiper assy soon. Ease of access is a given for the rear, but the side window sliders are a nice addition.
Only complaint is converting to a bikini top isn't hard, but getting the retainer clips back on the hyd assist cylinders is a pita. View attachment 266501

That looks good!
How easy is it to pull the back window off?

acanthus

Trek Top Pro

I have had the pro through the winter. Will never go back to the zipper and bar. I have zero complaints with the Trek Top Pro. Quiet, no leaks, goes on and off easy. Just have to have a place for the sides and back to store when off. Worth every penny and looks good. (2007 JKU)

RCVRY

That looks good!
How easy is it to pull the back window off?
Two acorn nuts on the hinges and two retaining clips on the cylinders; slides right off. The part I had trouble with was putting the retainer back on the cylinder arms, but I'm probably doing something wrong.
This top came with my jk when I bought it used. I'm sure there's a user guide somewhere that will tell me an easier way to disco the cylinders when removing the rear glass.[emoji51]

Top Bottom