Airing down

WJCO

Meme King
15-20 Psi is a pretty good number. You'll definitely increase traction and won't risk throwing a bead. Plus at those numbers, rocky trails are a lot smoother feeling in the Jeep.

ThatChemicalGuy

I went 15 when I had stock wheels. But I've seen some go as low as 8-9 with stock wheels and 12.50 wides and never have a problem, but just seems to risky to me lol. I say play it safe and go with 15-20, you'll definitely feel a different when on the trail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
12-15 is what I used to run with stock wheels. The only time I ever through a bead was in snow spinning the tires hard to get up and over and obstacle. Learned my lesson and kept it at 20 psi in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jacalore

With stock wheels, on loose sugar sand, went to 18 psi, seem to be the magic number for the beach. YMMV.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I run AEV wheels for now. Non beadlock, I run my bfg KM2 at 12psi off-road, never had a problem with popping a bead 🤞, it does sometimes scare me though, especially on them pointy rocks.
IMG_4913.jpg

what makes me laugh is when I see Jeep's that are pretty well build and they struggle to make their way up some climbs because they have too much air in their tires. Then I pull up to the same climb and go up it like butter [emoji41]
I've also seen bone stock Jeep's go up some climbs with a problem at all because they air their tires down.

15-18 psi sounds good for stock rims

Last edited:

kawimoto

12-14 pounds was always a safe number for me. never had any problems and was running a c rated a/t grabber in a 35'' size

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I personally run between 12-15 psi. What I am seeing in this thread is that some run single digits and no one seems to have a problem lol.

How bout some people post psi and what they have done to cause the bead to pop.

Top Bottom