Rubi swap problems

Hilop

Caught the Bug
Hello,
I recently swapped out my JKU D30 & 44 for some Rubi axles. I had the Rubi axles regeared and the locker sensors were not extended when the carrier was reinstalled which resulted in a front broken sensor and the other was just unscrewed. The jeep shop reinstalled the sensors (new front sensor). The problem I have now is when I push the switch for the lockers they're not locking. Voltage gauge shows a draw but no go. Am I missing something?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Benito

Caught the Bug
Hello,
I recently swapped out my JKU D30 & 44 for some Rubi axles. I had the Rubi axles regeared and the locker sensors were not extended when the carrier was reinstalled which resulted in a front broken sensor and the other was just unscrewed. The jeep shop reinstalled the sensors (new front sensor). The problem I have now is when I push the switch for the lockers they're not locking. Voltage gauge shows a draw but no go. Am I missing something?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did they install the new sensors after they installed the new gears? Is the circuit fused? Do you know how many amps your drawing?

J

JKDream

Judging by the fact they've broken the sensors once, I would go out on a limb and say they installed them incorrectly the second time.
If it's the sensor on the side of the differential and not the top you are referring to, you do not need this and it can be removed/plugged.
You only need the activation connector on top of the differential.

black pearl

Hooked
I might be wrong but I think I remember reading in a thread on here before that the sensor isn't needed when going into a non rubi (just activates the dash light) and has caused issues with the looker for others either locking or not unlocking... maybe try just sending power to the plunger to see if it locks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
If it's the sensor on the side of the differential and not the top you are referring to, you do not need this and it can be removed/plugged.
You only need the activation connector on top of the differential.

I might be wrong but I think I remember reading in a thread on here before that the sensor isn't needed when going into a non rubi (just activates the dash light) and has caused issues with the looker for others either locking or not unlocking... maybe try just sending power to the plunger to see if it locks

^^ this
The sensor isn't needed but if you wanted to get fancy and have a "locked" indication you could use it. But you have to make sure they are installed properly

J

JKDream

^^ this
The sensor isn't needed but if you wanted to get fancy and have a "locked" indication you could use it. But you have to make sure they are installed properly

I don't think non-rubicons have this option because we don't have the factory harness/computer set up that way.
I just use a switch with a light. Assuming you're talking about the dash light.

Hilop

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys I figured it out. 3 days with no sleep leads up to connecting my switches to the sensor instead of the locker actuators. :doh:

Thanks for the help anyway, time to catch some zzzz.

Top Bottom