Mastercraft rubicon and harness questions

zimm

Caught the Bug
In prep for my 5000 miles of highway to do Moab, I'm thinking about mastercraft rubicon front seats. But my jeep is a daily driver. Questions:

Will I retain my height adjuster?
How is under clearance? I have a bestop safe under driver and a arb twin compressor under the passenger
I don't have seat airbags, but there are yellow connectors for something- any issues?
Best way to run 4 or 5 point harnesses? I have small kids in boosters, worried about them eating a harness bar. Or stick with factory belts?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
In prep for my 5000 miles of highway to do Moab, I'm thinking about mastercraft rubicon front seats. But my jeep is a daily driver. Questions:

Will I retain my height adjuster?
How is under clearance? I have a bestop safe under driver and a arb twin compressor under the passenger
I don't have seat airbags, but there are yellow connectors for something- any issues?
Best way to run 4 or 5 point harnesses? I have small kids in boosters, worried about them eating a harness bar. Or stick with factory belts?

You lose the height adjuster. Room underneath is about the same, shouldn't have any issues there. I just didn't use the connecters, I believe it is for the sensor that tells the computer there is someone in the seat, although that may affect passenger side airbag function... not sure. Factory belt are fine.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Well the passenger airbag being disabled would be no good. I'd rather have it rigged to blow in an accident. Wonder if the wiring can be done so jeep always thinks someone is in the seat.

matthewd5

I'm looking at this same mod, I never run a back seat so there is no issue there, but I definitely need my passenger airbag

mastrcruse

I believe there are how tos somewhere that show instructions on removing the passenger side sensor out of the OEM seats and putting it into the MC seats. Check for it...I swear I've seen it recently as I explore seat options too.

tgoss

I'll answer as I just installed some baja rs' in my jeep. Didn't really matter for the passenger side for whatever reason.

As soon as I pulled the driver out I got an srs light on.

The passenger side has an airbag sensor attached to the buckle so I couldn't even move that over and had to buy another driver side buckle at the dealer.

I don't really care but for my rig I have no clue how I'm going to get either the seat belt or srs lamp out...

I will have to splice resistors into the vehicle side harness and pull the occupancy sensor out of the seat to have a shot. Some time pulling the bulbs out of the cluster sound more like a better time investment.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom