2013 JKUR burning oil

deezus

So, my Jeep is burning 1 quart every 1000 miles or so, no white smoke and no leaks. I have 78k on it just talked to the dealership and they said it might be covered. Any ideas? I did a forum search but couldnt find anything thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So, my Jeep is burning 1 quart every 1000 miles or so, no white smoke and no leaks. I have 78k on it just talked to the dealership and they said it might be covered. Any ideas? I did a forum search but couldnt find anything thanks.

Burning oil will not produce white smoke. It will be more of a blue tint and would see more of it on start up and decel especially on hills.

As far as ideas, there are plenty of things that could lead to it so it's hard to just list them off to you. Would need to do some testing to narrow it down and you wouldn't be able to get the tools for it. Dealer or private shop is best

WJCO

Meme King
Not really common on either jk motor, but regardless, dealer will likely tell you that it is "in spec" and they will have to do the oil consumption test themselves. As cozdude stated, oil burning is normally a blue smoke. White is typically coolant. However burning oil sometimes looks white in certain lighting.

deezus

Not really common on either jk motor, but regardless, dealer will likely tell you that it is "in spec" and they will have to do the oil consumption test themselves. As cozdude stated, oil burning is normally a blue smoke. White is typically coolant. However burning oil sometimes looks white in certain lighting.
Thanks for the clarity but i see no smoke. The only thing i have been doing is mountain driving that's it.
Oh and im running a k&n air filter that's it.

Last edited:

deezus

Burning oil will not produce white smoke. It will be more of a blue tint and would see more of it on start up and decel especially on hills.

As far as ideas, there are plenty of things that could lead to it so it's hard to just list them off to you. Would need to do some testing to narrow it down and you wouldn't be able to get the tools for it. Dealer or private shop is best
Do you mind naming a few?

WJCO

Meme King
Just some badass Google Fu brought up that it is on the rear of one of the valve covers or heads.

hqdefault.jpg

01010132_zps6cfd7b17.jpg

deezus

Found out what it is, its not the PCV valve. This video explains it.
https://youtu.be/SRnNehJcXVY

I think it might be this, I do see a little oil, and it could be incidental, so Im still chasing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom