Stick to running 37" tires

jeepnseabee

New to the WAYALIFE and not super new to the jeep world but finally have my own and looking for suggestions on what lifts are better without braking the bank. Jeep stats '08 jk unlimited 3.8L with manual transmission. Nothing has been done and looking at the Terraflex 4.5" long arm kit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
New to the WAYALIFE and not super new to the jeep world but finally have my own and looking for suggestions on what lifts are better without braking the bank. Jeep stats '08 jk unlimited 3.8L with manual transmission. Nothing has been done and looking at the Terraflex 4.5" long arm kit

You don't need that much lift for 37's. You may get 5.5" out of it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Deff don't do the terrorflex kit. It's super stiff.

Depending on the weight of your Jeep I would suggest the 3" long arm enforcer or even the 4" enforcer kit. These will yield the exact lift and keep your center of gravity low while providing a nice soft ride.

kawimoto

depending on the wheeling you do you don't need to go long arm either. most people don't need the axle steer correction that a long arm helps at the maxes of articulation, yes a long arm will help with highway manners at speed but in no way is it a must have, and again for most not worth the extra loot. IMO money saved can be spent elsewhere to make the rig safer and more capable or more well protected from damage. There are plenty of trails I and others have made it through that didn't require a long arm. are they better, absolutely, but it comes at a price. personally id run a set of evo plush rides with a good shock to dampen everything out. control arms of your choice depending on what joint you'd like to run. I run rock krawler arms due to being high clearance, solid stock, and a lifetime abuse warranty. I like johnny joints more than the krawler joints though. just do some research on the differences on the joints and you'll start to see trends. the sheer shank size on the johnnies is enough to sell most, plus being rebuild able is a nice perk. this will be a very opinionated subject based on what others have chosen to run on their rigs. but, at the end of the day your jeep will be very capable on 37's regardless of what is chosen. the nut behind the wheel having experience driving will always be the best mod

tgoss

Shameless plug but I have a full set of evo/currie arms and 4" plush rides for sale... I ran 37's with no issues, tons of comfort and tons of flex. Pick up some nice shocks like rancho 9000 or king 2.5's and you'll be a happy camper with a drag link flip.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Shameless plug but I have a full set of evo/currie arms and 4" plush rides for sale... I ran 37's with no issues, tons of comfort and tons of flex. Pick up some nice shocks like rancho 9000 or king 2.5's and you'll be a happy camper with a drag link flip.

Buy this setup and it will work well for you. Perfect for 37s.

Ddays

Hooked

OP - thats a helluva deal sitting right in your lap - I'd do that in a heartbeat. I wouldn't pass up $800 for a full set of Evo/Currie arms.

wjtstudios

Hooked

Not to high jack his thread, but if he is not interested in the arms, I am. But let jeepseabee have first run at them. I'm won't be ready till fall for the PRs. Are long or short arms?

Top Bottom