Spicer 5-7166x u joint

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So everywhere I've read, this is the replacement for u joint for rubicon and g2 axle shafts. But I've read I want full circle clips. The ones pictures are normal ring clips. Anyone have a different part number if theirs one that comes with full circle clips?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So everywhere I've read, this is the replacement for u joint for rubicon and g2 axle shafts. But I've read I want full circle clips. The ones pictures are normal ring clips. Anyone have a different part number if theirs one that comes with full circle clips?

You can easily just buy a pack of full circle clips for them and do it that way. That's what I did.

As far as ujoints that come with full circle clips already, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I would deff get the spicer joints tho

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
You can easily just buy a pack of full circle clips for them and do it that way. That's what I did.

As far as ujoints that come with full circle clips already, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I would deff get the spicer joints tho

I figured so. Hopefully the parts store has those in stock.

J

JKDream

What is full circle clips?

front-axle-u-joint-2.jpg

Circle clips are clips that hold the u-joint cap from slipping out of the yoke on an axle shaft.
Full circle clips tend to hold onto the cap much better, and don't work them selves loose.
A large majority of broken shafts are caused by the cap coming off, and then breaking the ears on the shaft.

jknikos

View attachment 266502

Circle clips are clips that hold the u-joint cap from slipping out of the yoke on an axle shaft.
Full circle clips tend to hold onto the cap much better, and don't work them selves loose.
A large majority of broken shafts are caused by the cap coming off, and then breaking the ears on the shaft.

Ok I got it. Thank you!

Top Bottom