2015 Rubicon Sway Bar/ABS/Brake/ESC Lights

Wolfpack14

I used the search function so I somewhat of an idea of what is going on with my jeep but mainly looking for advice/confirmation.

On the way back from wheeling today my sway bar light would flash then cut off. This went on for a couple times until it went flashed and then the ABS light and Emergency brake light also flashed. After a few times with all of them flashing the ESC light would come on as well. The speedometer would drop then pick back up during this. Eventually the ESC light stayed on and the battery light came on.

Made it back to the house and turned off the jeep and tried to start it again and nothing happened. After a few minutes it magically worked again. I checked the connection on the electronic swaybar and they were not corroded and it will connect/reconnect with no issues at the moment.

From searching it sounds like the swaybar motor but I've also read it could be the wheel sensor. The abs/brake lights do not stay on after flashing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SSRuger

I had the same problem with my rubi at it's 3500 mile mark and it turned out to be my sway bar motor electrical connector was already corroded. As soon as I disco'd the connector all the lights went away minus the sway bar light. I replaced my motor with the EVO manual disco and turned off the light with the AEV procal. No issues since then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wolfpack14

Sounds like a connector got wet.. were you running through water or mud? ABS and ESC lights don't generally come on with the sway bar indicator.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

A little bit of both, but there was not mud caked on the housing when I was finished and the water would just be splashing up, no river crossings or anything like that.

I did just the stock bumper off and put a crawler conceptz one on so above the housing is partially exposed now.

Wolfpack14

And now I am remembering the sway bar light did randomly flash on the way to the trails this morning going 60+ mph. Just ordered EVO Nolimits Manual Sway bar disconnect as well.

Clowe

Seems like you have this fix. My Jeep was doing the same thing and coming to find out my sway bar motor was fried. It took me couple days and a new battery later to find it.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wolfpack14

Appreciate all the input.

Battery connections are good. Drove it on the highway for about 20 miles today and had no issues. Planning on disabling the sway bar motor with the procal this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

That happened to me when my winch got submerged. I pulled the negative cable on my winch and the Xmas lights never came back.

Top Bottom