Machined vs black wheels - beadlocks?

Deacon

I've read and followed many threads on this forum and used the search button a few times although I seem to have to search for the search button...lol
So hope to not get flamed for this post as I did do a Google search but wanting to get actual user feedback.
I hope to get my first set of beadlocks in the next month in preparation for my PR60 Axle set install on my White 16 JKUR
Narrowed it down to the KMC Machete beadlocks..... but undecided if I want BLACK or MACHINED, I've had black wheels on my last 2 jeeps and think I want something different .

My question isn't for which I should get but rather.... is there any special upkeep on a Machined wheel ?

Currently have Rugged Ridge XHD black wheels and they look good to be 3 years old but with some rock rash and rubs on the rocks. Used the same wheels on my last 2 jeeps.

Do the machined wheels stain or get water marks, is there more maintenance involved, would they be easier to powder coat if I wanted?

Hoping to get some useful input as stated I've never owned a machined wheel before.

tgoss

What color is your Jeep man? You want something different, well then do something different. EVERYONE has the same wheels, black or machined. Pick yourself up a set of machined ones and have a blank canvas, paint match or powder the centers or rings or whatever. Make it yours, Fvck normal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

What color is your Jeep man? You want something different, well then do something different. EVERYONE has the same wheels, black or machined. Pick yourself up a set of machined ones and have a blank canvas, paint match or powder the centers or rings or whatever. Make it yours, Fvck normal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I agree with tgoss. Do something different. It's only paint and not really much If it. If you don't like it, redo it! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Deacon

Attempted to have a well thought out post / question .... in post #1 I have a White jeep.

To simply post #1

My question isn't for which I should get but rather.... is there any special upkeep on a Machined wheel ?

Do the machined wheels stain or get water marks, is there more maintenance involved, would they be easier to powder coat if I wanted?

I've never owned a machined wheel before, my last 4 jeeps were either OEM WHEELS or black.

User feedback appreciated

Ddays

Hooked
Machined wheels can require more upkeep but a lot depends where you live. Out west where there isn't as much salt used on the roads in the Winter its a little easier but then again acidic mud will discolor/stain raw aluminum wheels. Hard water can also stain wheels if you don't wipe them dry. I used Sharkhide, a clear sealant on mine and it works quite well but you have to get the nasty stuff off of the wheels pronto or they can still stain. If you want to keep the raw aluminum look you can always get them powder coated clear.

Top Bottom