Skid bolts vs Rocks

Rubikean

Last weekend I was on rocks. After cleaning the jeep and inspecting the underside, I found that I damaged a bolt on the transfer case skid plate as well as destroyed 2 Zerg fittings on my evo lower control arms. Honestly, I figured it was just a matter of time for the zergs. I'm thinking I'm going to remove the remaining ones and install set screws for now. I don't like it, but that's the best I can think of for the moment.
I'm running the river raider ls3 skid plates. What can I do about the exposed hex bolts on the skid plates? Would something like the metal cloak bolt skids work?
IMG_1219.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Last weekend I was on rocks. After cleaning the jeep and inspecting the underside, I found that I damaged a bolt on the transfer case skid plate as well as destroyed 2 Zerg fittings on my evo lower control arms. Honestly, I figured it was just a matter of time for the zergs. I'm thinking I'm going to remove the remaining ones and install set screws for now. I don't like it, but that's the best I can think of for the moment.
I'm running the river raider ls3 skid plates. What can I do about the exposed hex bolts on the skid plates? Would something like the metal cloak bolt skids work?
View attachment 266545

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These, from RockHard 4x4...

IMG_9634.jpg

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6000-sw-496.htm

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yes, those are the ticket. And for the record, they are "zerk" fittings, not zerg. ;)

Top Bottom