Tired of soft top

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Soft vs hard top year round on DD

So I'm thinking about getting a soft top. Got my eyes on a bestop twill nx. Also thinking of selling my hardtop locally. My worry is that I will regret selling my hardtop one day. Anyone out there still carry around their hardtop or just keep that soft top all year round? This is my DD and I live in MS so no fear of snow, it's also garage kept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

LasVegasJK

I have my hard top hanging in the garage. Actually putting it back on today. I live in the desert, so I keep the hard top for summer and for when I travel in the jeep(security). I run my soft top during Fall/Winter/Spring and/or if I'm going to do a summer trail that could result in damage to my top and doors.
Really, its up to you, how many options you want to have.
I say keep it. Then after you have your soft top for a while you could sell it. Would just suck to sell it and then decide you would like to have the HT for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thombull

Best thing you can do is get the soft top. Hang the hard top in the garage or put it on a stand. After a year, if you are ok with the difference of the tops, then get rid of the hard top. That's what I did and I still have my hard top. I like to run it during the winter months or if I'm going across country driving when I know I'm going to have more stuff in the Jeep.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

willmorris615

i really just got a soft top i case i ever get caught in the rain in the summer but on longer trips and winter i stay with the hardtop plus the hardtop is a little more quite

FallonJeeper

I had a Bestop soft top only when I had my 97 TJ. Worked well in the Winter as well as Summer. I liked the ability of just removing the side panels. Made it very convenient for putting the kids in the back seat.
Didn't have a hardtop until my 2009 JK. Even then I bought a bikini softop just for the Summer months and always went back to the hardtop for colder weather and more security.
Both have advantages, but given a choice between either, I think I would choose hard top.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

mo0s3

My brother had a soft top and after two years he bought a hard top and he is happier then a puppy with 2 peters. It is a two each his own kinda thing. I would do what is suggested and have both then make the choice

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm thinking about getting a soft top. Got my eyes on a bestop twill nx. Also thinking of selling my hardtop locally. My worry is that I will regret selling my hardtop one day. Anyone out there still carry around their hardtop or just keep that soft top all year round? This is my DD and I live in MS so no fear of snow, it's also garage kept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sold every hard top that ever came with my Jeeps and run a soft top all year, including in the snow. I wouldn't have it any other way.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I have a hardtop and a soft top. I hardly ever run the hardtop. Mainly just got it to try it out. I say go for the soft top. You'll like it.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Trektop NX. Love it. So much better than factory. Zippers are straight instead of curving in the rear so less chance of them getting damaged.

Top Bottom