Need Help With LIft

JimHR

What I have is a mopar 4" lift and the rear track bar relocation bracket bolt is hitting spring.
IMG_0123.jpg
It does not seem to be bent. Not sure what to do at this point. Also the spring is bent from perch to perch as if the axle needs to be clocked counter clockwise as looking from the drives side if that makes any sense. Any thoughts?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Springs on most lifted jk's are bowed because like you said, caster issues with stock control arms and it's also pulling the axle toward the front a little. Mine are bowed too.
As far as your bolt hitting the spring, is it possible that the bracket shifted a little or bent? I can't really tell form the picture

Here's my 4.5" AEV spring. I run 4"evo spring now and it's still bowing just not as much cuz they are shorter springs.
IMG_4585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

What I have is a mopar 4" lift and the rear track bar relocation bracket bolt is hitting spring.
View attachment 266793
It does not seem to be bent. Not sure what to do at this point. Also the spring is bent from perch to perch as if the axle needs to be clocked counter clockwise as looking from the drives side if that makes any sense. Any thoughts?

You either need to run the bolt the other way, trim the nut/threads, or use a different relocation bracket.
It's common as the post above alluded to. I'm using Synergys rear bracket as it pushes the track bar away from the springs a bit.
Your bracket appears to be the same design as my old one, which put a bunch of leverage on the OE bracket until it broke.

OneTonJK

You either need to run the bolt the other way, trim the nut/threads, or use a different relocation bracket.
It's common as the post above alluded to. I'm using Synergys rear bracket as it pushes the track bar away from the springs a bit.
Your bracket appears to be the same design as my old one, which put a bunch of leverage on the OE bracket until it broke.
I had the same type of break on my trac bar bracket as well. I'd advise swapping it out with something else. There's too much leverage on the OEM bracket with the extension on it.

Paws

Might also try a set of correction wedges. That may move the spring up just enough the coil won't hit it and straighten your slinky like spring out also creating a gap between the spring and TB Relo.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Springs on most lifted jk's are bowed because like you said, caster issues with stock control arms and it's also pulling the axle toward the front a little. Mine are bowed too.
As far as your bolt hitting the spring, is it possible that the bracket shifted a little or bent? I can't really tell form the picture

Here's my 4.5" AEV spring. I run 4"evo spring now and it's still bowing just not as much cuz they are shorter springs.
View attachment 266798

Edit: I have AEV rear track bar, and bracket.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm running the Artec rear bracket. The stock bracket is cut off and the artec welded in. It's bomb-proof and has different height holes to get your trackbar as level as possible.

33465492121_3543a72436_b.jpg

JimHR

View attachment 266798

Am not as concerned with the springs bowing as the bolt hitting. I was thinking I need some other way of correcting sway bar as well. Thanks for your help.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Am not as concerned with the springs bowing as the bolt hitting. I was thinking I need some other way of correcting sway bar as well. Thanks for your help.

I never had any problems with my AEV rear track bar setup, but am sure there is other options out there like others have stated.

JimHR

Cutting that bolt would not help but a better design would be much better. Will look in to that thanks.

I had the same type of break on my trac bar bracket as well. I'd advise swapping it out with something else. There's too much leverage on the OEM bracket with the extension on it.

Same as I was thinking.

Might also try a set of correction wedges. That may move the spring up just enough the coil won't hit it and straighten your slinky like spring out also creating a gap between the spring and TB Relo.

I am thinking along the line of a new correction bracket.

I'm running the Artec rear bracket. The stock bracket is cut off and the artec welded in. It's bomb-proof and has different height holes to get your trackbar as level as possible.

33465492121_3543a72436_b.jpg

I will check into this thanks.

Top Bottom