Busy Warranty Period - 1K To Go

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
At 34.5K, just about out of warranty, ended up with a few things pop up following my Drummond Island trip. Figured, better get into the dealer pronto.

Nothing obvious happened to cause it, but the steering wheel ended up getting cocked to one side. Jeep still drives straight w/o pulling. That one I had to pay for. It was toe'd in toward the left a bit, pointed toward the right overall, with camber off on one side as well. Naturally, I go to pick up the Jeep, the steering wheel's still cocked to one side. Really? Gently chewed on them, including the Service Mgr, for a bit. Out of 7 trips to them, they've messed up 5.

Second item was a warning from the Front Locker. Turned out to be an exposed, corroded wire, along with something else to do with the module. Fixed.

Third item was traction control being activated on dry pavement. Clock Spring on order now, should come in tomorrow.

I will say, while I had no problems with the steering (aside from wheel becoming cocked), after the alignment, it's as if a bit of stress was let out of the system. The steering clearly feels more, well, 'relaxed' now.

While I do as much of my own service work as I can, there are things that're beyond this shady tree mechanic's ability to address (e.g. control modules). Think I'll take a look at what the extended warranty may cost ;).

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Your steering wheel is cocked to one side probably because you hit something. You need to adjust your drag link and make sure the clamps are installed correctly. Adjust the toe will not change your steering wheel. And your steering feels better probably because they toed it out to adjust for a 'crappy' ride. Not the right way to do it. Your traction control is going off because your steering wheel is not straight. Has nothing to do with the clockspring.

Do some research. Your wasting time and money on stuff a child could do. This "mechanic" work has nothing to do with control modules.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

Just curious as to why you would take your jeep to a dealership that has screwed up 72% of the time [emoji848]

Top Bottom