Turning radius

cuongdyna

I had a 08 JKUR with a Fab Tect 5.5 inch lift on 37s with fox stabilizer. The turning radius was great on my 08.

Now I have a 2012 JKUR with EVO coilovers on 37s teraflex's long arm, EVO flip Link, teraflex trackbar and shock stabilizer. My turning radius sucks Compare to my 08 JKUR.

Do I need to relocate the stabilize with a flip kit to get a better turning radius?

image-106011600.jpg

Picture of the 2012 JK

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing should have changed or enough so to effect your turning radius. If you can turn more one way and not the other, that would be a sign that your SS clamp on the tie-rod is not positioned correctly. As a quick test, you could always remove it and see if it help.

Tcdawg

Did you have someone do the long arm/coil over install? If so, they may have added washers to your steering stops to keep the tires out if the arms and coil overs at full turn lock. Two washers actually make a bug difference in your steering radius.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Check for clearance on the driver's side where the sway bar end link bracket and the tie rod bracket pass each other (at least I assume you have the same bracket with that lift). There is not much tolerance there. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of wheels are you running and with how much back spacing? Depending on what you have, I have to agree with the possibility that the installer may have added washers to your steer stops to prevent rubbing. A lift kit alone will not effect your turning radius.

cuongdyna

I did the install on the coilovers myself and my long arm a shop install it. The rims are 4.75 back space with 1.5 inch spacer. I'm no where near the hit the stops that is on the C.

I feel there is something holding it back from turning more. I just want to find out what it is so I can make my correction.

cuongdyna

Check for clearance on the driver's side where the sway bar end link bracket and the tie rod bracket pass each other (at least I assume you have the same bracket with that lift). There is not much tolerance there. :thumb:

Ill have to check this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did the install on the coilovers myself and my long arm a shop install it. The rims are 4.75 back space with 1.5 inch spacer. I'm no where near the hit the stops that is on the C.

I feel there is something holding it back from turning more. I just want to find out what it is so I can make my correction.

Well, if you're still running a factory axle and didn't install washers on your steer stops, nothing should be different. Have you pulled your SS to see if that's what's hanging things up?

Top Bottom