BCI-CH21 install - power wire

Spider steak

I installed the PAC BCI-CH21 backup camera interface today. I must have wried something incorrectly because it's not working as it should. My camera came with a yellow RCA cable with two short (maybe 8 - 12 inches long) power wires on either end. I connected one of these power wires to the rear camera power wire on the BCI-CH21 harness. The other end (the camera end) I did not connect to anything. The camera unit also came with a power and ground wire (about 2 - 3 feet long) which I tapped into the reverse light ground and hot wires. When I put the Jeep in reverse, some weird static looking images are visible on the display. Does anyone know what the correct way to connect these wires is? I saw another post on here about wiring this interface unit, but the answer there seemed to indicate the camera's power and ground wires were at the display area and mine are at the camera area at the rear of the Jeep instead. Of importance, I think, is I don't necessarily want to use the forced camera view, but am only concerned with seeing what's behind me when the vehicle is in reverse. I am thinking maybe disconnecting the power wire I connected at the display end will fix the problem, but wanted to give this forum a go before dismantling the dash again. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I installed the PAC BCI-CH21 backup camera interface today. I must have wried something incorrectly because it's not working as it should. My camera came with a yellow RCA cable with two short (maybe 8 - 12 inches long) power wires on either end. I connected one of these power wires to the rear camera power wire on the BCI-CH21 harness. The other end (the camera end) I did not connect to anything. The camera unit also came with a power and ground wire (about 2 - 3 feet long) which I tapped into the reverse light ground and hot wires. When I put the Jeep in reverse, some weird static looking images are visible on the display. Does anyone know what the correct way to connect these wires is? I saw another post on here about wiring this interface unit, but the answer there seemed to indicate the camera's power and ground wires were at the display area and mine are at the camera area at the rear of the Jeep instead. Of importance, I think, is I don't necessarily want to use the forced camera view, but am only concerned with seeing what's behind me when the vehicle is in reverse. I am thinking maybe disconnecting the power wire I connected at the display end will fix the problem, but wanted to give this forum a go before dismantling the dash again. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I replied in the wranglerforum.com forum...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

200_s.gif ...........

alevenso

Tough crowd....

Don't use the red wires "attached" to the yellow rca video cable at all... so disconnect that to start.... I ran the red power and black ground from the camera up to the front of the cab... I grounded the camera at the ground studs located in the passenger foot well and connected the power to the BCI harness camera wire ... and of course the yellow rca cable to the other harness

Spider steak

Tough crowd....

Don't use the red wires "attached" to the yellow rca video cable at all... so disconnect that to start.... I ran the red power and black ground from the camera up to the front of the cab... I grounded the camera at the ground studs located in the passenger foot well and connected the power to the BCI harness camera wire ... and of course the yellow rca cable to the other harness

Thank you!

Top Bottom