what is the best price you can get on a new 2017

wanderer

back in the day I rmemebrt here was away to find out what the dealer actually paid for the jeep and you could offer like 100-200 over his cost does anyone know if you can still find that information, if os where. I assume it is much better that true car pricing

Tanktitan

No dealer can survive selling cars $100 over their cost. They used to pull out an "invoice" and imply that was their cost. Not so. They pay way less and have to. There are always incentives and hold backs and such that you never see and probably the salesman never sees. Best way I have found is to catch them when the manufacturer needs to sell cars. They will incentivized the dealer to move them. Right now may be a good time to buy a small car as car sales are off, but not so much so for jeep type vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

alevenso

TruCar is a great source ... but most dealers will show you the invoice for what they paid ... they also get a hold back from the manufacturer which is how they get paid above whatever they get from above invoice. If you can get 10% off Msrp ( sticker ) that's usually pretty good. You can often get dealer under invoice if you buy off their lot due to their hold back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobNH

They dont expect to make bank on selling cars, especially new ones. Used, some, but mostly they make their best money on the loans through them, and the additional insurances and protection olans, along with parts and service.
Incentives are a great time to buy, but dont expect to see great incentives on Wranglers. They have no problem selling every last one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
TruCar is a great source ... but most dealers will show you the invoice for what they paid ... they also get a hold back from the manufacturer which is how they get paid above whatever they get from above invoice. If you can get 10% off Msrp ( sticker ) that's usually pretty good. You can often get dealer under invoice if you buy off their lot due to their hold back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to Wayalife. :celebrate:

Ddays

Hooked
back in the day I rmemebrt here was away to find out what the dealer actually paid for the jeep and you could offer like 100-200 over his cost does anyone know if you can still find that information, if os where. I assume it is much better that true car pricing

Seriously? You'd expect to only pay $100-200 over a dealer's true cost on a vehicle that's $35,000+/-? Why in the world would you think they'd be that fucking dumb to take such a retarded deal like that? I'm not really trying to stand up for the dealerships or be a dick, but businesses have to make certain margins to cover overhead and making .0057% commission on a deal isn't how you stay in business :rolleyes2:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Seriously? You'd expect to only pay $100-200 over a dealer's true cost on a vehicle that's $35,000+/-? Why in the world would you think they'd be that fucking dumb to take such a retarded deal like that? I'm not really trying to stand up for the dealerships or be a dick, but businesses have to make certain margins to cover overhead and making .0057% commission on a deal isn't how you stay in business :rolleyes2:

Agreed. When I bought my JK they tried to tell me they're selling it to me for less than they paid. Of course I called bullshit, they don't make deals like that. Dealerships don't stay in business that way.

wanderer

They used to

That is why I am asking there are a lot of ways to buy cars these days like a lot of the folks who posted here the dealership gets paid in a lot of ways. Volume and hold backs are just some so 100 over invoice is not their profit. there profit is something else and we the regular people won't ever know. So take this example. It is the end of the month the dealer has to sell just 1 more car to get into the next profit bracket from the manufacturer How hard is gonna try to sell that car. What deals is he going to offer ? So I am just asking

pop2tu

I just bought my son a fwd renegade. Window sticker was about 22,000 we got about 6,000 in incentives put 2 down and financed 14. I'm sure they are still making money off me somehow. They have a rubicon that has 42 on window sticker they are asking 36. You just have to look around

Ddays

Hooked
That is why I am asking there are a lot of ways to buy cars these days like a lot of the folks who posted here the dealership gets paid in a lot of ways. Volume and hold backs are just some so 100 over invoice is not their profit. there profit is something else and we the regular people won't ever know. So take this example. It is the end of the month the dealer has to sell just 1 more car to get into the next profit bracket from the manufacturer How hard is gonna try to sell that car. What deals is he going to offer ? So I am just asking

But this is a different scenario than the one you laid out with your first post and why I responded the way I did: You specifically stated that you wanted to find out the TRUE cost and offer $100-200 over that cost. Those are stupid deals for them to make and they're not gonna do that. With everyone they have to pay out of that $200 it's not even worth processing the paperwork for that amount of profit.

I get all of what you stated above in this post and agree. but now we're talking apples and oranges with your posts. Hope you end up finding a good deal out there.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I think you'd be surprised to see how little difference there is between msrp and invoice. Yes they get holdback that's below the line but it's not the thousands and thousands everyone thinks they make. The dealers make their living on used vehicles, parts and service far more than new vehicle sales.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom