373 vs 410

wanderer

Gears in a new jeep. How much difference does it make say when towing or if you are running 315 70s and towing And on anew jeep what size lift is the minimum to run 315 70

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you plan on towing with the larger tires then try to get the 4.10's with a new Jeep.

As for what size lift to clean the 35's, you can run them on stock lift. Since you plan to tow you might want just a small spacer in the rear to help with whatever weight your gonna add

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Gears in a new jeep. How much difference does it make say when towing or if you are running 315 70s and towing And on anew jeep what size lift is the minimum to run 315 70

Every bit of gearing helps when you're towing a brick with a brick. For short periods of towing, 373s will be ok but if you plan on towing to capacity long distances there is no reason not to go 4.10 unless you have regearing in your future.

Leveling kit and chopped flares will be the minimum for those tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Every bit of gearing helps when you're towing a brick with a brick. For short periods of towing, 373s will be ok but if you plan on towing to capacity long distances there is no reason not to go 4.10 unless you have regearing in your future.

Leveling kit and chopped flares will be the minimum for those tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Always mean to ask you but forget - whats the weight of your trailer?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
3.73 is the highest gear ratio you can get in a factory jeep. Unless you are looking at Rubicons. If your already looking at a rubicon, go with the 4.10 If you are NOT looking at a Rubicon, you already have your answer because 4.10 isnt a factory option without the d44 front axle.

BOTH gear sets will be considered "undergeared" regardless with 35s. However, the 4.10s will be slightly "better". Where you really want to be with 35s is 4.56 or 4.88. 4.56 for street/daily, 4.88 for towing/wheeling performance...

neither of these options are going to be factory gear sets. If you plan to regear at any point, Dont buy one jeep over another because of the gears... ESPECIALLY if your going to change them anyway.

Last edited:

danno16jk

Have a 16 unlimited 6spd. 3.5lift and 373s. Tow a 19ft center console which is about 3300lb fully loaded. Absolutely horrible. Can't wait to regear to 488.. 456 would be absolute minimum I would run towing anything. Have to downshift to 2nd to get up any decent hill. Also tow a 1500lb aluminum boat and have to mostly keep it in 5th on the highway and occasionally down to 4th on the hills. Would recommend a brake upgrade as well and trailer brakes. Takes alot to stop that much weight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

feederic

I've got 3.73 and 35s, I would not tow with it at all. The SoCal hilly freeways cause me to downshift twice if my speed drops below 70 where there is some more power. My friend is going with 4.56, which I am considering also because of the hills where I live.

Top Bottom