Enforcer or enforcer pro?

feederic

I decided to up my budget and go with king 2.5 shocks for a 3" enforcer lift on my stock jku. It seems like I am only a few hundred off from a coilover bolt on kit from evo. Is there something I am missing? Should skip the king 2.5s and just go to the Bolton kit with coilovers?

I dd and drive a TON daily - really looking for a cush ride that can prerun when I'm off-road. I do have a bad back, so every little bit helps.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a tough one. The Plush Ride coils with the Kings offer a ride that, in my opinion is a bit nicer than what the bolt on coil overs provide. That being said, the coil overs can be setup with different coil rates and valving, have the ability to be adjusted and will offer more vertical travel.

J

JKDream

I decided to up my budget and go with king 2.5 shocks for a 3" enforcer lift on my stock jku. It seems like I am only a few hundred off from a coilover bolt on kit from evo. Is there something I am missing? Should skip the king 2.5s and just go to the Bolton kit with coilovers?

I dd and drive a TON daily - really looking for a cush ride that can prerun when I'm off-road. I do have a bad back, so every little bit helps.
If you're looking to do any type of prerunning go straight to the coil overs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More armor and 37s are in my future too, not sure how that should sway my decision.

That helps. If you load up your Jeep with a lot of gear and weight, the Plush Ride coils will sag. Nothing coil spacers can't fix but coil overs will do a better job of compensating for the extra weight as you can just get them with heavier spring rates.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's your take on the bilstein reservoir shocks? Think it'd be a good match up with the 3" enforcer?

Unless you plan on doing a lot of hard and fast driving across the desert, there really is no need for a reservoir shock of any make. They do look cool though.

GraniteCrystal

Unless you plan on doing a lot of hard and fast driving across the desert, there really is no need for a reservoir shock of any make. They do look cool though.
Totally guilty. I like the looks. Also, the Fox shocks with reservoir are re-buildable so I may take advantage of that every year or two rather than replacing them.

aermotor

Like Eddie said, it's a tough decision. I have the 4" plush coils with King 2.5 adjustable shocks and the ride is really something else. Although where it fails is that I carry a lot of gear and my ass drags bad. I put in a coil spacer and it helped a little.

I'm upgrading to the EVO Coilovers and am pretty sure the ride won't be as nice, but I'm hoping to be impressed. Will report back in a couple weeks. Will also be selling my King 2.5s.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Like Eddie said, it's a tough decision. I have the 4" plush coils with King 2.5 adjustable shocks and the ride is really something else. Although where it fails is that I carry a lot of gear and my ass drags bad. I put in a coil spacer and it helped a little.

I'm upgrading to the EVO Coilovers and am pretty sure the ride won't be as nice, but I'm hoping to be impressed. Will report back in a couple weeks. Will also be selling my King 2.5s.

That's interesting. I have the same set up and have heard it will sag when loaded. Just recently went I went on a long wheeling trip and was loaded with tools, camping gear, cooler, etc... it was comical. I couldn't fit an extra sock in the jeep. But I never sagged. Not sure why because I was expecting to. Maybe over time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

I have had several Jeeps with a multitude of shock / coil systems and none of them wheeled as well my Evo Coilover suspension. I have all 8 replacement control arms as well and new rubber, but the thing climbs everything I point it. It works so well that I am scared to upgrade to long arms and risk loosing whatever it is. It's that good.

feederic

Having zero experience with coilovers - it sounds like spring adjustments mean new springs. Is that just a call to Evo to help get sorted out?

feederic

That's interesting. I have the same set up and have heard it will sag when loaded. Just recently went I went on a long wheeling trip and was loaded with tools, camping gear, cooler, etc... it was comical. I couldn't fit an extra sock in the jeep. But I never sagged. Not sure why because I was expecting to. Maybe over time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good to know.

feederic

Was there a trigger to make you move to coilovers? Or is it just "the next move"?

Top Bottom