jk axels and the recon?

wanderer

I see the regular rubicon has "heavy duty axels" but the recon has "updated dana 44" any one know what the difference is. Some say they the axels form the new JL but that hasn't been released?
Also my understanding is that the recon rides 1.5 inches higher. IF this is true could I sneak 315 70 17 in there with out a lift ? maybe just wheel spacers?

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I see the regular rubicon has "heavy duty axels" but the recon has "updated dana 44" any one know what the difference is. Some say they the axels form the new JL but that hasn't been released?
Also my understanding is that the recon rides 1.5 inches higher. IF this is true could I sneak 315 70 17 in there with out a lift ? maybe just wheel spacers?

Recon rides 0.5" inches higher and the upgraded 44 is the Milspec axle with larger C's and thicker tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I've heard this multiple times, but they look exactly the same on every photo I can find.

I was at the dealership the other day kneeling under the front bumper when a salesperson came over, lol. They are thicker. I should've snapped a pic but he probably thought I was nuts already.

kyle521

anyone know if you can buy this from the dealer yet? Looks better than that spicer axle that just has barely thicker tubes

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Online it shows they have a 5x5.5 lug pattern instead of 5x5. Would be sweet if the recon came with the j8 Dana 60 dynatrac shows on their site.

aermotor

anyone know if you can buy this from the dealer yet? Looks better than that spicer axle that just has barely thicker tubes

It's going to cost you about the same as a ProRock 44. Don't buy a factory axle if you're going to spend that much anyway...

J

JKDream

FB_IMG_15003200555831239.jpg

Saw this today. Interesting. Looks like a 3" tube? If mods want to edit the watermark feel free. I can't as I'm on my phone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom