Drag Link upgrade upgrade after ProRock 60 install

Deacon

Ok so Im trying to work through issues on preparing for my PR60 install in August.
Have a 16 JKUR with a 3.5 MC lift - I installed a year ago the Steer Smarts Top mount non drilled Drag link flip kit - Its worked great the last year no issues - BUT with the new PR60 axle they use a raised outer knuckle which means per Dynatrac I need a bottom mount draglink - I sold my stock Drag link last year.
I can buy a used stock draglink (came off a 2015) from a local club member for $50 and use the Dynatrac sleeve BUT through reading - the OEM drag link ends are known for failure and not long longevity.

I can buy the outer Steer smarts bottom mount end for $180 per there site - ouch
BTW im not endorsing anything , just stating what I have.

Any suggestion on what others have done ? Buy the used DL , Buy the Yeti piece , or buy another Draglink and sell the current flipped draglink?
Trying to be cost conscious as this build upgrade is nearing $20K the last 3 months

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Steer Smarts are full of themselves and have been removed from WAYALIFE for having no respect for our rules and for continuing to solicit here in spite of being asked nicely and on multiple occasions to refrain from doing so. Their products could be made of gold for all I car but I still wouldn't recommend them as I would never want to support a company like them. Click on the link to see what happened.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/34385-STEER-SMARTS-has-been-Removed-from-WAYALIFE?

With that said, I run a factory drag link on Rubicat who is now running an XD60 front axle and pushing 40's. I chose to do this on purpose as I have always found, with the exception of the turnbuckle, the factory drag link to be quite strong especially when running a ram assist. Of course, the Dynatrac sleeve address the turnbuckle problem. Granted, I'm just a mall crawler so you can take what I say for what it's worth.

J

JKDream

Ok so Im trying to work through issues on preparing for my PR60 install in August.
Have a 16 JKUR with a 3.5 MC lift - I installed a year ago the Steer Smarts Top mount non drilled Drag link flip kit - Its worked great the last year no issues - BUT with the new PR60 axle they use a raised outer knuckle which means per Dynatrac I need a bottom mount draglink - I sold my stock Drag link last year.
I can buy a used stock draglink (came off a 2015) from a local club member for $50 and use the Dynatrac sleeve BUT through reading - the OEM drag link ends are known for failure and not long longevity.

I can buy the outer Steer smarts bottom mount end for $180 per there site - ouch
BTW im not endorsing anything , just stating what I have.

Any suggestion on what others have done ? Buy the used DL , Buy the Yeti piece , or buy another Draglink and sell the current flipped draglink?
Trying to be cost conscious as this build upgrade is nearing $20K the last 3 months
I've been using Rubicon Expresses draglink for a couple of months now and I really like it. It's quite cheap ~$150 and it's a straight bar without a bend. I like the fact that it doesn't have any flop, and the only thing that has movement is the joints. Steering has felt a lot tighter since I installed it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom