Renegade Rear A Arm Protection??

kirame2

first-look-2015-jeep-renegade-trailhawk.jpg

Greetings all fellow Toaster Owners

OK I am figuring that the item circled is one of the Control arms? for the rear wheel, is there anything that can be done to protect these since almost every video I have seen so far including WAYALIFE trip to MOAB had these hitting/dragging on rocks.

Any ideas??

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 267263

Greetings all fellow Toaster Owners

OK I am figuring that the item circled is one of the A arms for the rear wheel, is there anything that can be done to protect these since almost every video I have seen so far including WAYALIFE trip to MOAB had these hitting/dragging on rocks.

Any ideas??

Are you confusing a arm and control arm?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's no helping or protecting it and you will end up bending it if you play hard enough. I have. That being said, they're easy to straighten out if you have a shop press.

kirame2

Exactly

There's no helping or protecting it and you will end up bending it if you play hard enough. I have. That being said, they're easy to straighten out if you have a shop press.

Exactly why I mentioned it cause I really don't want to spend my time in disassembly at a shop or buying a new one.....

There has to be some thoughts from those who have some ideas used on other vehicles with like setup

kirame2

Skid Plate?

control arm skid plate.jpg

Here is an idea from a Raptor if I had a machine shop Id built it, but someone with tooling could make a buck or two making them for Renegades.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like a lot to do just to protect them. Do you really play on the rocks that often?

kirame2

Florida Mud

In Florida, any mud hole is just another rock ready to jump up....frankly I hate walking out of the forest

Sorchea

Hey all I am interested in a complete air lift suspension kit for the renagade at least a four inch lift for when loaded down you can return to normal ride hieght and not drag the bottom of the Jeep when trailing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hey all I am interested in a complete air lift suspension kit for the renagade at least a four inch lift for when loaded down you can return to normal ride hieght and not drag the bottom of the Jeep when trailing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds like a custom shop will do you well. However, a 4 inch lift on a renegade may fuck some shit up.

tdougherty81

Sounds like a custom shop will do you well. However, a 4 inch lift on a renegade may fuck some shit up.
After doing my wifes 1.5 lift I don't see how it would be possible. I guess you throw enough money at it and redo the entire suspension maybe.

Top Bottom