JK rear diff lock not engaging.

Beast SA

Hi guys.

Some advice please
My rear lockers are not engaging. The light on the dash keeps flashing.
My front lockers are engaging and the light flashes as well.
Any advice on what to check.
I would appreciate some pics of things to check as well.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
In my rubicon, it takes a little bit to lock sometimes, especially if I don't use the lockers for a while. Sometimes I roll back and forth few feet to make it lock. The light should stay solid once it's locked.
Also it only works in 4 LO

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
when was the last time you changed your diff fluid? have you tried rolling around a little? rolling forward, backward, slight turn left/right to try and lock things up? are you testing on pavement or are you in the dirt/grass? Have you tried putting the jeep up on jackstands?

Benito

Caught the Bug
The front stays flashing and doesn't go solid

Check your M3 fuse. If it is blown replace it and try to activate only rear, if the fuse blows you might have a bad rear locker solenoid and you won't be able to activate the front because the fuse blew. If you get the rear to lock then try the front, if the fuse blows then you might have a bad front solenoid. Edit: once the fuse blows the rear locker will deactivate and both lights will stay flashing

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Check your M3 fuse. If it is blown replace it and try to activate only rear, if the fuse blows you might have a bad rear locker solenoid and you won't be able to activate the front because the fuse blew. If you get the rear to lock then try the front, if the fuse blows then you might have a bad front solenoid. Edit: once the fuse blows the rear locker will deactivate and both lights will stay flashing

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

BobNH

Also, listen for the movement in the diff when you hit the switch. My rear would click, but not lock. It was replaced by the place I bought it so I don't know the cause, but basically it has to do with lack of contact, there are some writeups about a Mopar shim kit to fix it for less than a new locker.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

sassmouth

Drain the diff and take off the cover then try operating it. You may need to nudge the locking disk with a screwdriver if it's stuck. You can replace the locker magnet solenoid if it's malfunctioning for about $220+. I did just that over the winter. I haven't heard of a shim kit to fix the locker.

BobNH

Drain the diff and take off the cover then try operating it. You may need to nudge the locking disk with a screwdriver if it's stuck. You can replace the locker magnet solenoid if it's malfunctioning for about $220+. I did just that over the winter. I haven't heard of a shim kit to fix the locker.
I had to search; turns out I mixed up the shim fix done by many with the Mopar rebuild parts availability like the actuator. Sorry about the confusion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom