JL Rubicon to be Sold along side the JK Wrangler Classic or Wrangler Heritage?

Which Wrangler would you want?

• JK Classic

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • JK Heritage

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • JL Rubicon?

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got word from my good friend longarmwj who happens to work for Troncalli Jeep in Cummings, GA and according to what they're being told, the all new Jeep JL Wrangler will initially be sold as Rubicon's only. Of course, we've known for a while now that the JK Wrangler will be produced at the same time or at least, for the first few months and during that time, it will be sold as either the "Wrangler Classic", or the "Wrangler Heritage". Which would you be more drawn to? JK Classic? JK Heritage? Or, a JL Rubicon? :cool:

WJCO

Meme King
JL Rubicon. Just because it's the newest thing. The JK is a decade old and the aftermarket support is nearly endless (in other words, it's all been done). If I'm going to drop that kind of coin, I would want something new and different.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just got my first ever Jeep 3 weeks ago... 17 Rubi... and for me I'm super happy and not bothered by the new JL coming out one bit. If I would have already had a JK in the past, I would agree 100% with WJCO. New stuff is always cool. It will be fun to watch the JL progress from the Wayalife viewpoint, while sitting in my bad ass JK. [emoji41]

Jeep-addiction

Well I've got my wife thinking about buying a JL jeep but she's set on a Sahara so looks like we may have to wait a bit but that's fine with her. I'm just ready to see the top options!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Been burnt twice with first model year cars. I'd get the JK & wait a couple years & let them sort out whatever may come (hopefully nothing but....)

boardsurfer

Im wwith DDays. If I'm in the market right now, as much as it would suck, I would try to wait another year. Although if the diesel option pans out, that would pretty hard to resist.

lordlochwood

JL JK fight off

I'm this close to finishing my JK Unlimited X...only thing missing is the 3.0 VM Motori diesel. I was able to get info almost 3 full years ago on a militarized J-8 that was being developed for a ULTV proposal to the govt. I have done nearly every upgrade envisioned for that ULTV proposal...everything but Kevlar armor mats in all the body cavities, the diesel, oh, and the two M4 guns on side swivels and a .50 cal remote controlled machine gun.

wanderer

wow super torn.

I am strongly pursuing a Jk recon right now> But in the back of my mind I hear this little voice hm Jl jl jl. So I am torn if I knew more about the JL I might wait and go for it especially if it comes out as a rubicon . That power poem hood is way cool would love to see that on or a version of it on the new JL. Why doesn't someone just bust into the area where the JL is stored and strip that camouflage stuff off her.I imagine she won't mind. and the other issue is price . with fully loaded JK recons topping 53k I don't know what anew JL will be. that scares me>

so can anyone one sum up what we actually know about the new JL?
fact vs fiction vs educated guess?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I am strongly pursuing a Jk recon right now> But in the back of my mind I hear this little voice hm Jl jl jl. So I am torn if I knew more about the JL I might wait and go for it especially if it comes out as a rubicon . That power poem hood is way cool would love to see that on or a version of it on the new JL. Why doesn't someone just bust into the area where the JL is stored and strip that camouflage stuff off her.I imagine she won't mind. and the other issue is price . with fully loaded JK recons topping 53k I don't know what anew JL will be. that scares me>

Recons are 53k where you're at? The fully loaded tan one I've been eyeballing is 47.. and I thought that was a lot. I just don't know if I want to start all over again. Thinking regear, evo coilovers and tries carrier and 37s I'd be set

longarmwj

53k for a Recon?? Damn where'd you see that? I've sold three myself and not one has topped the 50k mark

JCMULEY

JL Rubicon. Just because it's the newest thing. The JK is a decade old and the aftermarket support is nearly endless (in other words, it's all been done). If I'm going to drop that kind of coin, I would want something new and different.

Yes This. Time for something's new

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I was just at the dealership for some service yesterday and went for a stroll past the new car lot. I bumped into one of the salesmen who, after asking me what I had, told me he just picked up a '17 Rubi. I asked him why he didn't want to wait for the new JL.

He said for him it came down all the 'tech' in the new JL. The way he put it was, he was a more 'analog' guy and liked the simplicity of the JK controls and features. He wasn't turned on by the features in the JL, but commented that the interior was a brand new canvas and pretty cool. I told him my draw to the JL would definitely be the new diesel, which he agreed would be a big draw. That and the pickup bed when it comes out.

Again, that came from a salesman likely trying to sell me a new '17 while they're on the lot, so take it for what it's worth.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was just at the dealership for some service yesterday and went for a stroll past the new car lot. I bumped into one of the salesmen who, after asking me what I had, told me he just picked up a '17 Rubi. I asked him why he didn't want to wait for the new JL.

He said for him it came down all the 'tech' in the new JL. The way he put it was, he was a more 'analog' guy and liked the simplicity of the JK controls and features. He wasn't turned on by the features in the JL, but commented that the interior was a brand new canvas and pretty cool. I told him my draw to the JL would definitely be the new diesel, which he agreed would be a big draw. That and the pickup bed when it comes out.

Again, that came from a salesman likely trying to sell me a new '17 while they're on the lot, so take it for what it's worth.

When I bought my 17 recently, the salesmen were like "what's a JL?" I was like "you're just playing stupid so I buy this 17" .. lol. That's cool that guy was straight forward with ya. Most salesmen are little shady... I probably would be too, haha.

black pearl

Hooked
I don't know if all the sales people ,really know what they are selling. When I bought mine last year. I knew more about the drive train, suspension packages and axels then he did

Top Bottom