Going up a hill

BadBoyRenegade

Hey Renegaders.. Hope all is well. I am new to this site and I purchased a 2015 Trailhawk in March. I travel a lot for work so I do not get to drive it much but I have twice took it up I-70 out of Denver heading west up into the mountains and the transmission does not switch and runs at about 7 RPMs and I get a BIG RED OIL CAN on the dash and it says " HIGH OIL PRESURE SLOW DOWN". Any of you have this issue and if so what did you all do to fix this issue. I want to take it off road but just a little nervous. I am in talks with the dealership where I bought it and they are trying it figure it out. Any help will be much appreciated.

Off Topic here.. If any of you live in Colorado I did a fun trail in the Wrangler (yes Jeeps are in the Family) I believe was called Four mile outside of Buena Vista on Saturday July 8 and I really enjoyed it. It isn't difficult at all. Just a fun 24 mile trail. Check it out the next time you are in the area. It was very quiet out there.

BadBoyRenegade

Oh, and I didn't mean that you aren't welcome, here. There's just a ton more Renegade activity, there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did not look at it that way. I am a mid age guy just going through a midlife and wanting to enjoy the great out doors before I knock on heavens door so this is all new to me. I also wonder is there a Dumb for 4 wheeling book?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I did not look at it that way. I am a mid age guy just going through a midlife and wanting to enjoy the great out doors before I knock on heavens door so this is all new to me. I also wonder is there a Dumb for 4 wheeling book?
I've been out to Buena. Missed that one. Will check out. Thanks and welcome!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Build a recovery bag. You have a Trailhawk, so you have recovery points. See this thread...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/2953-RECOVERY-GEAR-A-Must-Have-Before-Hitting-the-Trails

If you don't have an air compressor, pick one up. I'd think one from Walmart would do. I carry a set of tire plugs, too. Maybe a can of gasoline, like a Rotopax. Those Rennys don't hold a lot of fuel.

If you wheel alone, tell someone where you are going, and when you expect to be back. Take food and water, in case you get stranded.

BadBoyRenegade

Build a recovery bag. You have a Trailhawk, so you have recovery points. See this thread...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/2953-RECOVERY-GEAR-A-Must-Have-Before-Hitting-the-Trails

If you don't have an air compressor, pick one up. I'd think one from Walmart would do. I carry a set of tire plugs, too. Maybe a can of gasoline, like a Rotopax. Those Rennys don't hold a lot of fuel.

If you wheel alone, tell someone where you are going, and when you expect to be back. Take food and water, in case you get stranded.

That is so good advice. I will remember that. Thank you

Top Bottom