Does someone know a broken Poison Spyder Body Mounted Tire Carrier?

Foley

Hey,

i ilke to know if anyone knows a broken Poison Spyder Body Mounted Tire Carrier?

I like to mounting some rotopax and a highlift to mine and i'm not sure if the tire carrier can handle the weight? Specially the OME screws fromt the tailgate hinge makes me nervous.

Thank you.

Jackal01

Hey,

i ilke to know if anyone knows a broken Poison Spyder Body Mounted Tire Carrier?

I like to mounting some rotopax and a highlift to mine and i'm not sure if the tire carrier can handle the weight? Specially the OME screws fromt the tailgate hinge makes me nervous.

Thank you.

It is designed to hold a 40" tire. I'm positive they designed it to hold that, the wheel and accessories.

mastrcruse

The carrier itself is fine and will hold the weight. The only issue they've had is the latching mechanism on earlier tire carriers could/would fail with a lot of jarring offroad. I got rid of mine because I had an earlier style cause it drove me nuts with the noise and potential for it to break.

Turbotastic

You will be fine. I have a 40" tire and hi lift and it's pretty stable with the carrier open. I have the new latch design and I have no issues with rattling or coming loose on the trails.

The carrier itself is fine and will hold the weight. The only issue they've had is the latching mechanism on earlier tire carriers could/would fail with a lot of jarring offroad. I got rid of mine because I had an earlier style cause it drove me nuts with the noise and potential for it to break.

You will be fine. I have a 40" tire and hi lift and it's pretty stable with the carrier open. I have the new latch design and I have no issues with rattling or coming loose on the trails.

Can you guys post up a picture of the "new" latch design you're talking about? Just curious to see if I have the new or old version. Thanks!

Jackal01

Thanks brother. I thought it was the new design, just making sure. Shit seems solid to me!

Thanks man! Looks like I got the new one :thumb:
Yea. They changed the handle itself along with the latch inside the latch plate (the part mounted next to the tail light). I still think the latch could be improved but it is still better than old version.

Foley

It has held my spare 40" and hilift with no issues. I have the rotopax mounts on there too but haven't actually carried fuel yet...just haven't needed to yet. But I'm sure it can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Okay, thanks for your answer. Do you put the weight of your JK to the carry by riding down a step or something similar?

And thanks for the other replys to :)

Lg

Foley

Hi,

i'm sorry. My english is not so good.

Another try: Have you ever put your tire carrier on an obstacle - will it brake or just scratch?

Lg

Hi,

i'm sorry. My english is not so good.

Another try: Have you ever put your tire carrier on an obstacle - will it brake or just scratch?

Lg

No worries man! the carrier is sturdy and holds up very well from what i've experienced. I've bottomed out the tire maybe once or twice (on really steep ledges), with no damage at all. The carrier sits way up with the tire being the lowest point of contact. I wouldn't worry about it at all, it's a solid design. :beer:

Deacon

Outside of looks - Whats the reason to purchase a Body mount tire carrier vs a Bumper hinge mount tire carrier ?
I have the LOD signature Series Gen 4 for the past year and its solid --- Any reason to upgrade to a body mount Tire Carrier?

Jeep Rear - Uwharrie.jpg

J

JKDream

Hey,

Thank you.
I've seen them punch in a few quarter panels that's for sure. Never any issues with tire sizes though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom