When installing a Hood louver save the cut-outs

Shelby73

I just thought I would share an idea I had when I installed my Poison Spyder hood louver last week. After making the cut outs they want you to paint the edges to prevent rust, so I took a little extra time and masked off the triangle section under the hood, and did a quick sanding to etch the surface. After that i wiped down and used Rustolium black rattle can. the hood louver now blends in nicely and looks more like a factory part, then an after thought add on part. I took the cut out hood pieces and put blue masking tape over the body color paint. Quickly took some paper and made square templates for the bumpers, and bumper skid plate. Cut out squares using an air cut-off wheel ( you could use snips, or moto-tool for same thing) ground down the edges cleaned under the back bumpers/skid plate. Applied 3M adhesive promoter and 3M body tape on the squares. Firmly placed on the backs of the bumpers& skid plate, and they are on there, you would think I welded them on the back .LOL The end result is hardly any dollars spent (just time), and I think came out pretty trick. I haven't seen this done before and I think the empty recessed spaces look neat highlighted in body color.:thumb:
IMG_2294.jpg IMG_2387.jpg IMG_2384.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I'll keep this in mind if I ever get around to a louver; really nice work, it looks clean.

Shelby73

Cut outs

Thanks everyone, I try like everyone else to do things that look good without spending a ton of money. I'm new to the Jeep world, but been modifying cars for years. I absolutely love driving the Jeep and being able to go anywhere, and not having to worry about the weather. Not only that but everyone that I am meeting at Jeep meets are real down to earth people who do most of the work themselves. Which is pretty awesome in my book

Last edited:

longarmwj

I do plan on getting the PS Hood Louver sometime soon, and I will for sure be following in your footsteps with this. Super clean install :thumb:

Top Bottom