Beadlock Wheel Setup....how they arrived.

Destroyer

My 37s with ATX Slabs just arrived at work, and it appears that the beadlock wheel is set by only 4 bolts...guess they didn't want to spend the time mounting them, and the beadlock wheel has a fairly decent sized gap between the tire and itself. I'm going to assume the tire shop had no idea what they were doing and decided to give up.

Does anyone have pics of how the ATX slabs are seated on Cooper STT Pros ? I've seen and watched a number of videos with Nittos, which appear to a perfect lip for the beadlock.

I'm just trying to get a visual on how they ought to look when installed properly.

Thanks

IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0242.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Just start threading them down in a random pattern.... It will sit.

ATX are one of the few wheels you won't need ring spacers on for the thick bead on the coopers.

If you want my honest opinion, take the ring OFF and make sure that the bead is seated where it should be on the wheel before settling the ring down and torquing.

ATX bolts are torqued to 22-24 ft lbs if I remember correctly.

Casey_250

I think that is a good way to ship them.

They are probably offroad only so they don't want to take responsibility for setting them up, you drive down the highway, and some 1:100000 issue happens and you die. My tire shop wouldn't mount mine either.

I would rather bolt my own beadlocks up anyways. I wouldn't trust some tire buster at a warehouse to do it right and take the time and care it takes to setup beadlocks properly. Eddie's guide is really good and a must read for beadlock setup or you will have leaks, loosening bolts, or sheering them off.

Jackal01

If they were mine I would be dismounting totally or at least removing the ring and starting from there to confirm the bead is correctly set.

Destroyer

I think that is a good way to ship them.

They are probably offroad only so they don't want to take responsibility for setting them up, you drive down the highway, and some 1:100000 issue happens and you die. My tire shop wouldn't mount mine either.

I would rather bolt my own beadlocks up anyways. I wouldn't trust some tire buster at a warehouse to do it right and take the time and care it takes to setup beadlocks properly. Eddie's guide is really good and a must read for beadlock setup or you will have leaks, loosening bolts, or sheering them off.

Do you have a link to Eddie's Guide?

Thank You Sir,

Destroyer

Just read your thread.

Thanks for sharing!

What method did you use to get the tire over the lip to meet up with the proper placement to set the beadlock wheel properly? I could see this being a pain.....

I haven't removed the rings..I'll do that tonight maybe, however I have a feeling it's sitting behind the lip unfortunately.

Andy5160

Hooked
Just read your thread.

Thanks for sharing!

What method did you use to get the tire over the lip to meet up with the proper placement to set the beadlock wheel properly? I could see this being a pain.....

I haven't removed the rings..I'll do that tonight maybe, however I have a feeling it's sitting behind the lip unfortunately.

I used pry bars, few of them which was royal pain in the ass. I do recommend if you in fact you have the same issue as i had, to take it all to the tire shop and ask them to break it apart. Then you can assemble yourself.It will save you a lot of time and back pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dillard09

I agree! For sure take off the ring and verify that the bead is set correct. Then get a 5 gallon buckets and go to work my friend.
Nice combo btw!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Destroyer

I used pry bars, few of them which was royal pain in the ass. I do recommend if you in fact you have the same issue as i had, to take it all to the tire shop and ask them to break it apart. Then you can assemble yourself.It will save you a lot of time and back pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip!

This is going to be an interesting adventure.

Not looking forward to it.

I might take your advice and find a way to get these big ass tires to a shop.

Destroyer

I agree! For sure take off the ring and verify that the bead is set correct. Then get a 5 gallon buckets and go to work my friend.
Nice combo btw!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll take a look tonight!

And thank you sir! Much appreciated.

Can't wait to get them on. Have to wait for the Dyna ProGrips anyways, which will give me time to play around with these beadlocks.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Mounted my 40 inch coopers on Slabs last week. It is a pain to get the bead seated before bolting up the ring. Also the lip of the rim sticks out about 3/16" of an inch on the back of the tire which is normal. On my old Nittos it was flush because of a different design on the bead.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Destroyer

Mounted my 40 inch coopers on Slabs last week. It is a pain to get the bead seated before bolting up the ring. Also the lip of the rim sticks out about 3/16" of an inch on the back of the tire which is normal. On my old Nittos it was flush because of a different design on the bead.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for that info!

This is going to suck,lol.

Do you have a pic of the beadlock wheel against the tire that you could post ?

Top Bottom