Removing doors

Ddays

Hooked
Is it normal for the doors to be really hard to remove? I have to use a jack under the door to remove!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you haven't taken them off much, then yes it can be difficult. Be careful jacking the doors up - more than a couple guys have bent their doors doing that.
Once you get them off make sure you put some lube on the pins so it doesn't do it again.

WJCO

Meme King
We jacked up the doors about 1/8" only with a 2x4 and then while I held the door, the wife jumped up and down on the rock slider. Came right out. And Jerry's recommendation of a drywall panel carrier is awesome. We use it all the time now.

Ddays

Hooked
We jacked up the doors about 1/8" only with a 2x4 and then while I held the door, the wife jumped up and down on the rock slider. Came right out. And Jerry's recommendation of a drywall panel carrier is awesome. We use it all the time now.

:thumb: It sure saves the back, doesn't it?

WJCO

Meme King
:thumb: It sure saves the back, doesn't it?

It does. Also removes the anticipation of "Where the fuck is this door going to land when it finally comes out of these hinge bores while I'm pulling on it with all my strength?" The panel carrier gives you complete control.

Just did mine on 16 for the first time. Patience is required here for sure. I used a little shot of wd40 on the pin, work it a little, let it sit, work it a little, flip the burgers on the BBQ.....and they do come off nice and slow.

As noted above drywall lifter 8 bucks at home depot works awesome to lift. I didn't need this on my 08 with the old interior you could use the armrest to lift.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

HoosierWolf

First couple of times I had my wife move the door back and fourth around 45 degrees while I used a floor jack with a 4x4 post covered in a towel to apply slow pressure. I lube them with "Phil's Tenacious Oil" and now they come right out and only require one person.

What they said about the new sleeves too. I'm ordering some in the next couple of days. The factory hinge sleeves are junk and fall apart.

woof359

spring

every spring, first time I take fornt doors off its a huge pain, just have to keep pulling up and swinging them back and forth, then I use fresh grease in the hinge holes before putting them back, it helps but they are heavy no matter what you do.

kawimoto

A bit of wd-40 usually helps but coating the pins in some antiseize also will keep them in good order, just go lite on that stuff, doesn't take much

Top Bottom