Check Engine Light won't go off.

dhughes16

First of all, you guys are awesome and I've learned so much from Eddie's write-ups and everyone's contributions on here. I haven't posted much because I try not to waste anyone's time on topics that have already been discussed.

Secondly, yesterday, I put new lower control arms on my 2012 JKUR and when I put it all back together it drove fine for a few miles then went into limp mode and the MIL came on and it wasn't shifting out of 2nd gear and the manual shift wasn't engaging either. I ran the in-dash diagnostic and no codes popped up. This morning I disconnected my battery for about 20min to reset it. The MIL is still on, there's still no codes being read, but I took it for a short test drive and it's shifting normal and the manual shift is engaging again. Is this common? On my old TJ I know I drove probably 20000 miles with the MIL going off and on periodically without ever having codes or anything seemingly wrong.

Thanks

Also, this is my Jeep
IMG_2416.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If there is no code, it could be the oil cooler housing issue, pretty common...although that's common on 14's and up. On the 12s, they had issues with cylinder heads. If the light is on and there are no codes, bring it to the dealer, if it's one of those two problems, you're still covered under warranty.

dhughes16

So I had the code pulled from autozone and it came back as "P0501- vehicle speed sensor A range/performance"
I know it's my rear passenger side speed sensor that's frayed but I didn't think that would cause Limp mode. Does it makes sense that that would be the issue?

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Yes it will cause that. The speed sensors have to match or the computer assumes one wheel is slipping and will either activate your ESP or go into limp mode.

dhughes16

Patched up the severed wires and reinforced them all with a liberal amount of tape and everything's good to go now! Thanks for the help. Sorry I'm really bad at remembering to take pictures so there's not photo evidence but it's fixed [emoji16]

Top Bottom