Cylinder 6 misfire

RockyMtnJeep

There is a Flash update for the PCM to address various cylinder misfires. Includes the '14 model year. Is does have to be updated by the dealer. This is given that there is no rough run issues currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraniteCrystal

There is a Flash update for the PCM to address various cylinder misfires. Includes the '14 model year. Is does have to be updated by the dealer. This is given that there is no rough run issues currently

You've had this done? Covered under warranty?

RockyMtnJeep

Yes, on my '14 JKU. I'm also a Jeep Technician for a dealer. Will be covered under the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty

RockyMtnJeep

Need to check with the dealer. I'm not at work now where I can confirm, but some of those updates are covered by 5 year 100,000 mile power train.

davidc128

Dealing with this right now on my 12jk gonna b 2 weeks b4 dealer can look at it but mine threw codes p0300 and p0306... luckily im covered under the warranty... is this a reoccurring issue or has the fix one thatll last

GraniteCrystal

Dealing with this right now on my 12jk gonna b 2 weeks b4 dealer can look at it but mine threw codes p0300 and p0306... luckily im covered under the warranty... is this a reoccurring issue or has the fix one thatll last
Thus far, whatever update RockyMtnJeep gave me has worked. Hasn't had a code since.

RockyMtnJeep

Do you feel a miss in the engine? Or any issue with the way it runs? There was a service bulliten on the left cylinder head (cylinders 2,4,and 6) through 2012 MY. Otherwise the flash may help yours as well if it hasn't had it yet

Brian

davidc128

Other than the check engine light u cant tail anything is wrong... hopefully a flash will do the trick dealership is booked up until the 14th so i guess we wont know until then

davidc128

Ok finally got my jeep dropped off at the dealership and of course this morning che k engine light went off... hopefully they will still look into it but in my past experiences dealerships wont touch them unless they have a code to check

RockyMtnJeep

It will still have a stored code. If they check the technical service bulletins, which they should, they should flash the pcm to update to the latest revision.

Top Bottom