Using Oil

CRZRTX

I have a 2012 JKU with 130,000 miles and a Ripp cold air intake installed about 60,000 miles ago
. It has never used oil until April of this year. Blame it on Moab. Now it uses a quart of oil every 400 miles. It doesn't smoke and it doesn't leak. I have used Mobile 1 since day 1. Not any more though, it is too expensive to go through it that fast. Any suggestions?

pedroj14

I have a 2012 JKU with 130,000 miles and a Ripp cold air intake installed about 60,000 miles ago
. It has never used oil until April of this year. Blame it on Moab. Now it uses a quart of oil every 400 miles. It doesn't smoke and it doesn't leak. I have used Mobile 1 since day 1. Not any more though, it is too expensive to go through it that fast. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that, I had this issue on my 2009 JK without any leaks or smoke. I remember running 5W-30 helped a bit. Perhaps even try 10W-30 to see if it helps with oil consumption before breaking into the engine.

I am assuming that you do not see any leaks around the valve cover gasket.

CRZRTX

Sorry to hear that, I had this issue on my 2009 JK without any leaks or smoke. I remember running 5W-30 helped a bit. Perhaps even try 10W-30 to see if it helps with oil consumption before breaking into the engine.

I am assuming that you do not see any leaks around the valve cover gasket.

Doesn't leak. Engine is clean.

Top Bottom