4 low issue

anviljk

So I'll start with the history. Had the rear locker replaced because it was sticking and had a loud pop come from the rear. That was two years ago. Yesterday took the wife and her brother out to see a old mine nothing to hard small rocky hill just enough to run 4 low. Almost to the top felt like something was slipping then a bang and it started moving forward and it slipped and a bang. Put it in 4 hi finished the hill with no other problem. After stopping at the mine of awhile we head down. Decided to try low on the hill down no problem came up. Drained the t-case today and found rubber chunks coming out with the fluid. What would cause this?

Sent from my SM-N920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The only thing that I think could cause silicone in there like that is the gasket material from the case half seal itself. Any metal? Has the tcase ever been repaired before? Any leaks from the tcase? Truthfully, the gears are strong enough that with that gasket material in there, the gears should just crush it and the jeep just moves right along.

anviljk

Man this weekends been nothing but issues. Here is another picture even a bigger one the rest are small. There is no metal that I could see even with a magnet. 20170716_163228.jpg
The only thing that I think could cause silicone in there like that is the gasket material from the case half seal itself. Any metal? Has the tcase ever been repaired before? Any leaks from the tcase? Truthfully, the gears are strong enough that with that gasket material in there, the gears should just crush it and the jeep just moves right along.

fiend

Caught the Bug
It's a chain drive t case so maybe there's something wrong with the chain or the gears it runs on.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I'm with WJCO it looks like silicone squeeze out from when it was assembled.

If you're only having issues in low and not high than it has to be a problem in the planterary gear set

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

anviljk

It's a chain drive t case so maybe there's something wrong with the chain or the gears it runs on.

I'm with WJCO it looks like silicone squeeze out from when it was assembled.

If you're only having issues in low and not high than it has to be a problem in the planterary gear set

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I was thinking chain or gears. Seems to ve working fine now after move it to 4 hi then back to low.

madstiles

Are you sure it's going fully into 4 low? Is the bushing on the cable that attaches to TC still there? Maybe disconnect the cable put in 4 low drive to see if it still pops out just to eliminate something simple before pulling transfer case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom