Evap canister location

Those who are running the EVO DTD w/ Cantilever set up, where are you placing you're evap canister? I'm also running and LS3 so the muffler is larger than normal too. Pictures please'

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like you, I have an EVO lever and an LS so I made my own relocation brackets and installed the EVAP over the rear axle.

20170214201032-86d559a6.jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
No LS... But mine is still in the stock location. I have a different exhaust though and I believe it is closer to the stock cats. The muffler that is... located farther forward.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. Are you mounted to that crossmember? Cant really tell due to the cantilever in the way.

I made brackets that the factory EVAP bracket mounts to and extend out to the old spring perches. I have the brackets bolted to them.

tgoss

No LS Yet for me but mines still in the stock location. Custom dynomax exhaust wraps right around it and dumps before the axle.

I made brackets that the factory EVAP bracket mounts to and extend out to the old spring perches. I have the brackets bolted to them.

No issues with contact either I assume?

Also, since you have an LS, do you have any pictures of where you ran the 2 into 1 pipe from the motor? Mine came very close to the last tank. We wrapped it concerned about heat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Clever you are, thanks for the idea!

LOL!! Just did what would work. I should have better pics somewhere of what I did but I can't seem to find them at the moment. I'll keep looking though.

No LS Yet for me but mines still in the stock location. Custom dynomax exhaust wraps right around it and dumps before the axle.

Yup, that's how Rubicat is setup. Stock location and still running the stock skid.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No issues with contact either I assume?

Also, since you have an LS, do you have any pictures of where you ran the 2 into 1 pipe from the motor? Mine came very close to the last tank. We wrapped it concerned about heat.

Nope no issues with the coil overs contacting it.

I'll see if I can find some photos. Are you running a CA 3 cat system or just a standard 2 cat? I have mine currently coming around the t-case. It's close to the gas tank but hasn't been a problem.

Top Bottom