Dana 35

BEE'S TWIN

So I am helping a friend build his TJ a little.. We found this on our local site.. Should we go this route or do a Ford 8.8? Any advice would be great

« Back to listings
$50000
Jeep Wrangler TJ ARB Rear Axle w/Chromolly shafts-Super 35
Hyde Park, UT 84318 - Feb 12, 2013

$500

4.10 ARB locked axle which has about 40,000 miles on it. It has the standard 27 spline ARB locker and Alloy USA chromolly shafts. I was going to build a Super 35 and even purchased the gears for the locker to do that, but found a dana 44 for cheap. All you would need to do is add the 30 spline shafts and you would have a Super 35, which can easily run 35" tires. Just the locker alone costs $1000 new so this is a steal of a deal. Texting me is the best way to contact me.

TrailBear

What size tires is he running? That axle would be an easier swap, but the housing it's self is weaker, the 8.8 has thicker tubes and 31 spline stock axles if you get an explorer axle, if you get the right year you get disc brakes to boot.

Don't let fear and common sense hold you back:)
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would go ford 8.8 personally. I've seen them work and had experience with them and they are solid. Also if you get a newer one you can have disc brakes in the rear.

98VolsTJ

I had a D35 in my TJ when i first got it. I was running 35s and yukon axles and one day it grenaded as i was driving down the street. Yanked it out and threw in an 8.8. Much happier with the new axle.

Bozz

8.8 for sure.... spending much money on a D35 is like putting lipstick on a pig! ;)

Been there, broke that.

Top Bottom