budget minded head light upgrades

TheDuff

I'm looking at a simple head light upgrade. although trucklites would be nice, I dont have that kind of cash for this upgrade. Ive read through some threads and seen everything from silver star bulbs, piaa bulbs, to ebay hid kits. but some thing that has caught my eye is the IPH 920h4 and I'm wanting to hear what people think of these for their $150 price tag. are these worth it at the price point? any cons I should be aware of? are the housings lasting the test of time? no yellowing or fogging up? give me some feed back please, maybe there is an alternative that I havent seen :thumb:

Cpfiremn

I also have the IPFs. They are an upgrade from the stock lense. I ended up using the bulbs that with them and they work good for me. Once they burn out I will replace with Philips. There is an article on offroad.com that my friend and I did on my current jeep. Of we meet up again I will show you

Cpfiremn

The only problems that people are having is the wiring harness connection being loose. I just used electrical tape to keep it snugg, no issues since then. For the price it's not a bad headlight upgrade. I'm on a budget too

TheDuff

The ipf's look to be just what I need. Although those hid's are nice and bright, they are considered illegal in my area if not in the proper housing. Probably would not get hassled for them since they are white, but rather not take my chances. Ty for posting the picture though :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bessie

I currently have the IPF headlights as well. I am really happy with the britter light and the improved pattern.

StrizzyChris

This will be on my agenda about 6-8months after getting my new jeep.

I want better lighting, but absolutely refuse to pay the ridiculous pricing that trucklight is asking for theirs! LED's are dirt cheap and no reason to charge that much except for supply and demand! As a business it clearly seems to be working, so cant blame them for trying to profit as much as they can though. But until prices are reasonable, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

MTG

Caught the Bug
This will be on my agenda about 6-8months after getting my new jeep.

I want better lighting, but absolutely refuse to pay the ridiculous pricing that trucklight is asking for theirs! LED's are dirt cheap and no reason to charge that much except for supply and demand! As a business it clearly seems to be working, so cant blame them for trying to profit as much as they can though. But until prices are reasonable, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Man, say what you will but I have to say, although they are not cheap, the truck lites are worth every penny! :thumb: In hindsight, they would probably be one of my first mods (especially if you do not have factory fog lights). I live a bit outside of town so it's pitch black on my street. I was playing with my tuck-lites and Rigid dually 2's last night. I would do truck-lites before any other auxiliary lighting in a heart beat. In fact, I may drop the dually's all together...anyone want to make me an offer I can't refuse? :cheesy:

StrizzyChris

Oh I didn't want to make the impression that i think they are junk. Ive seen 5 different rigs with them, and they are QUALITY! I just can't imagine making myself choke down that price for lighting.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Skid_Kid

Man, say what you will but I have to say, although they are not cheap, the truck lites are worth every penny! :thumb: In hindsight, they would probably be one of my first mods (especially if you do not have factory fog lights). I live a bit outside of town so it's pitch black on my street. I was playing with my tuck-lites and Rigid dually 2's last night. I would do truck-lites before any other auxiliary lighting in a heart beat. In fact, I may drop the dually's all together...anyone want to make me an offer I can't refuse? :cheesy:

I am ordering my Truck-lites in the next week. As MTG said if you loose or do not have factory fogs, the stock headlights suck. I have been using just my headlights to see what it would be like with my EVO bumper, it sucks!!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

$5 and I make you holla

loscann48

I know this is an old post but I just replaced my headlight bulbs. Wasn't looking to do a full upgrade due to financial circumstances, but needed to replace a bulb and figured I would try to gain some visibility.... Anything better than stock... I found the H13 Sylvania Silverstar ZXE's online at the worlds largest online superstore....for $36.66/ pair shipped...figured for that price I couldn't go wrong...usually $60. Just installed, and noticeably brighter look at them in the daylight, well see what the night brings. 1387399540731.jpg 1387399573647.jpg

OK well in person and on my camera you can notice a difference, but not so much once I posted he pic. In the picture the drivers side is the ZXE, and passenger stock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom