Rear bumper

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Ok gotta question for everyone I just recently went to Moab and on one of the drop offs I hit my rear bumper bumper was fine no damage worked awesome. The only thing is the bumper moved so now I have to realign it again is this normal? Yes I had the bolts really tight so tight some of the washer Are bent a little so I don't think the bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

srbell0585

I had a cheap 1st Gen smittybilt rear bumper that I found for dirt cheap and the same thing was happening, in fact so bad it was contacting the body and wouldn't allow me to open the tailgate anymore. I removed it for a bumper that sits very close to the body so hopefully I don't come down on it as often. You could put a small weld bead on it to prevent it from moving.

Sent from my SM-N910T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Bumper is new LOD Destroyer and there was no damage at all. You have to have this bumper level when you install it, which it was. When it took the hit it shift (moved). So is this common after you have hit your bumper on something.

Last edited:

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
With how it mounts (I have same bumper), I'm not sure how it could shift. Can you post pics?

You can see on the sides where the bolts and washers moved I agree with you I dont know how it could move because its bolted in the middle of the bumper. I'll post some pictures later on today I'm at work right now:dont_tell:

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I knocked my old ACE bumper out of alignment too. Loosen the bolts, re-align bumper, and tighten again.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
You can see on the sides where the bolts and washers moved I agree with you I dont know how it could move because its bolted in the middle of the bumper. I'll post some pictures later on today I'm at work right now:dont_tell:

IMG_4094.jpg IMG_4095.jpg

Ok here are the pictures you can see they moved not a lot but enough to get it out of alignment. Spoke to LOD this morning said that it could happen.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Lol. Seems like they should've used bigger bolts. 😎

I guess you just realign it and call it a day. I'd probably try and use bigger bolts or something to prevent that from happening again. My Atlas bumper came with a plate or a channel (I don't remember which) that slid into the frame and the bolts went through that to prevent movement. I've come down on it pretty hard on more than one occasion with no issue.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Lol. Seems like they should've used bigger bolts. [emoji41]

I guess you just realign it and call it a day. I'd probably try and use bigger bolts or something to prevent that from happening again. My Atlas bumper came with a plate or a channel (I don't remember which) that slid into the frame and the bolts went through that to prevent movement. I've come down on it pretty hard on more than one occasion with no issue.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Guess your right going to have to figure something out Its not going to be the first time or the last and aligning the bumper kinda sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom