On going transmission issues. Please help!

cdl

Ok guys, I'm at my whits end. I have a stock 2013 JKUR with an automatic transmission. I had the cylinder 2 misfire a few years ago, which was fixed. Ever since the misfire issue, my transmission feels like it is up shifting way too early. I have taken it to several different dealerships in San Diego, all of which say that its normal and no codes are showing. An example of the issue is the following. While driving, the jeep will be below 1500 RPM's and start to bog down, to the point where it will shutter and I can see the tachometer start to bounce. Also from a stop, if i accelerate normally, my jeep will up shift into fifth gear before I reach 25 mph and remain below 1500 RPM's. I can tell that I'm in the wrong gear by using the "sport shift " mode to down shift. I know this is a long post, but I'm almost out of my extended warranty and I really want it fixed. Please if anyone has any advise or input let me know. I'm hoping that all the Jeep brains on this site can help me out.

Thanks in advance
Chris

J

JKDream

Ok guys, I'm at my whits end. I have a stock 2013 JKUR with an automatic transmission. I had the cylinder 2 misfire a few years ago, which was fixed. Ever since the misfire issue, my transmission feels like it is up shifting way too early. I have taken it to several different dealerships in San Diego, all of which say that its normal and no codes are showing. An example of the issue is the following. While driving, the jeep will be below 1500 RPM's and start to bog down, to the point where it will shutter and I can see the tachometer start to bounce. Also from a stop, if i accelerate normally, my jeep will up shift into fifth gear before I reach 25 mph and remain below 1500 RPM's. I can tell that I'm in the wrong gear by using the "sport shift " mode to down shift. I know this is a long post, but I'm almost out of my extended warranty and I really want it fixed. Please if anyone has any advise or input let me know. I'm hoping that all the Jeep brains on this site can help me out.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Sounds like your tire size isn't calibrated, and you aren't running the correct gear set for your tires.
That isn't a warranty issue.

**just read that it's a stock Jeep.
Have you changed the tire size?
The WA580 shift points are honestly ass, even mine shifts like poo with 5:13's and calibrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdl

I bought my Jeep new and it still has the stock 4:10 gears and I'm still running the stock size tires.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I hope it ain't the tranny for your sake. Cost me a few thousand to fix. However, I did show a light. I had three shops look at mine and two of the did not know what the fuck to do and one was a "tranny" expert.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I bought my Jeep new and it still has the stock 4:10 gears and I'm still running the stock size tires.

When's the last time you changed the fluid and what is your mileage?
These transmissions are very finicky with their fluid.

J

JKDream

trans fluid is good. 59,000 miles on the Jeep.

Might be the torque converter opposed to the transmission then.
If it isn't locking up then it's going to want to constantly change gears.
Ask the dealer to check the clutch in the converter.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Have you asked them to do a ride along? Ask them if a tech can ride along a d make it do it's thing. My 13 had tans issues, they replaced the wiring harness 2x, ended up having to rebuild the tranny (3times lol). Mine had an issue with 1 or 2 of the internal clutches?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom