Decisions, decisions

Alright guys I've saved up some money and now I need to decide what to get so I know I want a bumper and am most likely going with the quarter pounder with stinger but I've always liked the looks of the gen 1 smittybilt xrc front bumper and quadratec has them half off for $300 which is like $350 less than the quarter pounder.... I can probably spend around $1500 give or take. I'm considering going with Evo rock skins and sliders, Evo or rock hard full skid systems, warn 10,000 vr winch, rock hard sport cage or Evo cage, or just some recovery gear like max traxx and if I get the winch probably a warn winch kit to go with it. Any advice is more than welcome. Also if you run the smittybilt bumper let me know your thoughts please, I have a few smittybilt things and they haven't been terrible so that's why I'm giving it a chance, it's also inexpensive and looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Alright guys I've saved up some money and now I need to decide what to get so I know I want a bumper and am most likely going with the quarter pounder with stinger but I've always liked the looks of the gen 1 smittybilt xrc front bumper and quadratec has them half off for $300 which is like $350 less than the quarter pounder.... I can probably spend around $1500 give or take. I'm considering going with Evo rock skins and sliders, Evo or rock hard full skid systems, warn 10,000 vr winch, rock hard sport cage or Evo cage, or just some recovery gear like max traxx and if I get the winch probably a warn winch kit to go with it. Any advice is more than welcome. Also if you run the smittybilt bumper let me know your thoughts please, I have a few smittybilt things and they haven't been terrible so that's why I'm giving it a chance, it's also inexpensive and looks nice.

I had it, and went to EVO's bumper shortly after.
It wasn't horrible, but did leave quite a few things to be desired.
The powdercoat was not good at all, it started to peel off in sheets as if it wasn't applied properly.
The mounting holes for the bumper lined up fine, but one bolt on either side can't be threaded in properly due to the design.
It was also really really big, I was bouncing it off of shit all the time. Felt like a boat anchor on the front.
Other than that, it wasn't bad, never had any issues regarding strength.
But had I do it over again, I would've saved for a quality North American product the first time around.

I had it, and went to EVO's bumper shortly after.
It wasn't horrible, but did leave quite a few things to be desired.
The powdercoat was not good at all, it started to peel off in sheets as if it wasn't applied properly.
The mounting holes for the bumper lined up fine, but one bolt on either side can't be threaded in properly due to the design.
It was also really really big, I was bouncing it off of shit all the time. Felt like a boat anchor on the front.
Other than that, it wasn't bad, never had any issues regarding strength.
But had I do it over again, I would've saved for a quality North American product the first time around.

Yeah I will most likely go with the quarter pounder.... anyone else have thoughts on what else I should buy next?

kawimoto

I've got a crawler conceptz skinny series now but I used to have a smittybilt and I must say I thought the coating was great! I wish the coating on the rest of my parts was as good... granted its all rattle can now. seriously though I really liked my smitty. I changed it only because I wanted to ditch the front crossmember for better clearance and approach angle. smittybilt gets bashed a lot, but for the pricepoint have some really great parts that can get beat on just like anything else.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I really like my poison spyder brawler lite. If I did it over again, I'd step up to the gen right and powder coat it black. It's a little lighter and has more clearance and would match my gen right rear. Although I've never touched the PS on a rock yet.

Napalm

I'm running my second quarter pounder(the other one was on my last Jeep) and have been for quite some time. It's top notch quality and beefiness. Buy it once and be done!
IMG_2663.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
I ran the Smitty SRC in my former life. Honestly the wrinkle finish held up well for the year I had it BUT if you have any plans for doing anything in the rocks this is gonna be a hindrance with those tubes on the sides. And it will definitely not take the pounding the high end bumpers will. It is no where near the build quality of those.

So if I did end up getting the smittybilt bumper I could get a winch and something more, maybe sliders and such, but if I went with the quarter pounder I could get a winch or something else, probably not both

Ddays

Hooked
So if I did end up getting the smittybilt bumper I could get a winch and something more, maybe sliders and such, but if I went with the quarter pounder I could get a winch or something else, probably not both

Chop your factory bumper, get a winch, skins, sliders & save up for the 1/4 pounder :idontknow:

Okay I've decided I'm gonna get the quarter pounder with stinger and a warn VR 10-s. My question is if I should be fine with the VR considering that I probably won't being using it more than once a month give or take a few times

Andy5160

Hooked
I personally feel you made a good choice so good luck to you and fo post dome pictures and reviewes !!!!!!!!

Quarter pounder will be here Monday, still waiting to hear back from TJ for the winch but before it comes I'd like to hear some ideas of how to keep your winch safe and secure without having to weld the bolt. Also I need to find a good cover for the winch because it is synthetic. I'm not necessarily looking for a "Warn" branded one. Preferably plain black so it doesn't look too much like eye candy to thieves

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Okay I've decided I'm gonna get the quarter pounder with stinger and a warn VR 10-s. My question is if I should be fine with the VR considering that I probably won't being using it more than once a month give or take a few times

Better to get the bumper you really wanted anyhow, even if it takes longer to do/get other things. That VR winch will be fine even under some heavy use like the more expensive ones. It's still a warn, keep it clean and do your maintenance. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Better to get the bumper you really wanted anyhow, even if it takes longer to do/get other things. That VR winch will be fine even under some heavy use like the more expensive ones. It's still a warn, keep it clean and do your maintenance. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Any opinion on a winch cover?

Top Bottom